Slc Vs. Miami Northwestern, Sat. Sept. 15 @ 6pm, Which Just

gangrene

I was just reading a little about this match-up and it's being promoted as the 2007 #1 vs. #2 ranked high school football teams in the nation. Most of you are probably aware that Miami Northwestern's coaches were recently relieved of their positions. If not, here's that story. As of this morning, Northwestern is still without a coaching staff. For a little insight to their coaching style, here's a video from the 2002 season, Year of the Bull. However, their team's roster reads like a "who's who" of Rivals.com. I've read that as many as 11 Northwestern Seniors are serious D-1A college prospects, with three Rivals 4-star and four Rivals 3-star prospects on their team:

Jacory Harris, #6 nationally-ranked dual-threat QB is a 6'4", 169 lbs 3* U of Miami commit

Brandon Washington, #6 nationally-ranked OG is a 6'4", 310 lbs 4* U of Miami commit

Aldarius Johnson, #6 nationally-ranked WR is a 6'2", 200 lbs 4* undecided prospect

Tommy Streeter, #45 nationally-ranked WR is a 6'6", 200 lbs 3* undecided prospect

Marcus Forston, #2 nationally-ranked DT is a 6'2", 286 lbs 4* undecided prospect

Benjamin Jones, #24 nationally-ranked SDE is 6'6", 270 lbs 3* undecided prospect

Sean Spence, #19 nationally-ranked OLB is 6'0", 186 lbs 3* undecided prospect

I think we're all familiar with SLC's prospects, so I won't mention them here. SLC will definitely have their hands full in this game. I'm looking forward to seeing how our commits, Riley Dodge and Derek Tomlin, perform in this game. There is web site dedicated to the promotion of this one football game, where you can read about the teams, purchase merchandise and even buy tickets. Here's the site: Clash of Champions I thought it was interesting to note that the Northwestern team played a scrimmage game this spring against Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School, which has sent more players to the NFL than any high school. Northwestern prevailed, 42-21, before 6,000 fans, including 40-plus college coaches, numerous NFL players ... and four coaches from Southlake Carroll.

Although the game will be nationally televised, I'm definitely planning on seeing this game in person since we'll have the week off anyway.

***EDITED due to technical difficulties with links in original post.***

Edited by gangrene

I was just reading a little about this match-up and it's being promoted as the 2007 #1 vs. #2 ranked high school football teams in the nation. Most of you are probably aware that Miami Northwestern's coaches were recently relieved of their positions. If not, here's that story. As of this morning, Northwestern is still without a coaching staff. For a little insight to their coaching style, here's a video from the 2002 season, Year of the Bull. However, their team's roster reads like a "who's who" of Rivals.com. I've read that as many as 11 Northwestern Seniors are serious D-1A college prospects, with three Rivals 4-star and four Rivals 3-star prospects on their team:

Jacory Harris, #6 nationally-ranked dual-threat QB is a 6'4", 169 lbs 3* U of Miami commit

Brandon Washington, #6 nationally-ranked OG is a 6'4", 310 lbs 4* U of Miami commit

Aldarius Johnson, #6 nationally-ranked WR is a 6'2", 200 lbs 4* undecided prospect

Tommy Streeter, #45 nationally-ranked WR is a 6'6", 200 lbs 3* undecided prospect

Marcus Forston, #2 nationally-ranked DT is a 6'2", 286 lbs 4* undecided prospect

Benjamin Jones, #24 nationally-ranked SDE is 6'6", 270 lbs 3* undecided prospect

<a href="http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=51417'%5dSean%20Spence%5b/url%5d,%20#19%20nationally-ranked%20OLB%20is%20a%206'0",%20186%20lbs%203*%20undecided%20prospect

I%20think%20we're%20all%20familiar%20with%20SLC's%20D-1A%20prospects%20so%20I%20won't%20mention%20them%20here.%20%20SLC%20will%20definitely%20have%20their%20hands%20full%20in%20this%20game!%20%20I'm%20looking%20forward%20to%20seeing%20how%20our%20UNT%20commits%20Riley%20Dodge%20and%20Derek%20Tomlin%20(and%20hopefully%20a%20few%20others)%20perform%20in%20this%20game.

There%20is%20a%20web%20site%20dedicated%20to%20the%20promotion%20of%20this%20one%20football%20game,%20where%20you%20can%20read%20about%20the%20teams,%20purchase%20merchandise%20and%20even%20buy%20tickets.%20%20Here's%20the%20site:%20%5burl="http://www.neighborhoodmanagement.net/clash/index.html" target="_blank">Clash of Champions</a> I thought it was interesting to note that the Northwestern team played a scrimmage game this spring against Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School, which has sent more players to the NFL than any high school. Northwestern prevailed, 42-21, before 6,000 fans, including 40-plus college coaches, numerous NFL players ... and four coaches from Southlake Carroll.

Although the game will be nationally televised, I'm definitely planning on seeing this game in person since we'll have the week off anyway.

Here is the Scout.com list. Man I hope all of these kids make their grades. The kid from Year of the Bull, who went to Florida didn't make the squad after his redshirt freshman year. That kid was a beast.

The "coaches" on that film are an embarrassment. Those kids deserve better. I'm glad they are starting over with a new staff, maybe the new coaches will treat the kids with dignity.

Man you beat me to it. I watched that documentary on cable about Torrean Charles a couple of years back and it was embarrassing to watch how the coaches and school administration acted. No wonder Charles spent his first year at Florida on probation(innapropriate behavior with a coed), and then was kicked off after nearly killing another player at a party. His high school leadership were idiots.

Rick