Oil Bowl To Feature 4 North Texas Signees

Four future Mean Green players are set to appear in the Oil Bowl on Saturday, June 23rd (Marquese Davis, JJ Johnson, Thomas Moreland and Kyle Russo). I hope that somebody in the area will be able to attend and give us a report on how these future Eagles look.

I don't remember this Moreland kid yet I just noticed he was a kicker and I somewhat recall picking up a kicker late does anyone have anything on him.

Here's a little information about Thomas Moreland that I found on another Mean Green site. The site also provides videos of the recruits.

UNT Football.net

270_Thomas_Moreland.jpg

Thomas Moreland, Kicker

Forney High School

6', 185 lbs.

24 of 28 Field Goals

48 of 51 PAT's

2nd ranked High School punter in nation by Kicking.Com

Selected to kick for Texas All-Stars in the 2007 Oil Bowl

2 year Letterman Football

4 year Letterman Soccer

Edited by ADLER

Here's a little information about Thomas Moreland that I found on another Mean Green site. The site also provides videos of the recruits.

UNT Football.net

270_Thomas_Moreland.jpg

Thomas Moreland, Kicker

Forney High School

6', 185 lbs.

24 of 28 Field Goals

48 of 51 PAT's

Selected to kick for Texas All-Stars in the 2007 Oil Bowl

2 year Letterman Football

4 year Letterman Soccer

Is he a walk on ?

My son and I are going. This is a great game every year and the drive is not bad. It is the last real football we get until our Mean Green suit up in August. This game also gives us a chance to see some of the best players going to the larger conferences. We have several Oil-Bowl vets on our current Mean Green Roster, ( so it is a good way to get a "first-look" at some of our new players. You see them in real-time competition against the best Oklahoma has to offer. Chris and I wear our North Texas jerseys or shirts to these games. (tempreture dependant) Usually some players in this game have already signed with NT, so they are already ours and we are there for them. It's also kinda cool to hear the announcer say "tackled for a loss by (NT signee name here)...committed to North Texas".

We really should get a group together and go to this thing every year. The NT recruit parents love it when we go up and meet them after the game. It's a good time. If a North Texas player suits up, it's GAME DAY!

GMG!!!

UNT Football.net

270_Thomas_Moreland.jpg

It looks like the Jack Rabbits built a new stadium since the last time I was in Forney. It's hard to tell from that picture if that's even the Forney stadium, but it looks new and the turf looks great.

i think its great we can get a player with this high a ranking, even thought he is a punter, punters can be very influencial in the game with good punts meaning better field position, with already having a great punter on the team he has a chance to red shirt