Good Bar In Denton For Beer And Football?

Tavern is good.

Expand out a little more and go to Lewisville. Hooters, Fox and Hound (saw NT in basketball there).

If my lottery tickets ever come through I would like to open a good sized bar for big screen sports, darts, pool, shuffle board. Kind of like the old Prarie Street Pub but a lot bigger with more pool tables and more shuffle boards and a LOT more TVs.

Any bar the is featuring a post game concert by the THE BEERMAN is my vote

Please, please, please tell me this is sarcasm. Beerman wouldn't be the biggest whip in the world if he could actually finish a song without a guitar noodling and "lets drink a beer." But since he can't...I think he even did a cover of Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" and asked us to drink a beer halfway through. Give me Lou's when Gibby's working, Riprocks when Anessa's working and Tavern when Dearing or Banner is working.

Please, please, please tell me this is sarcasm. Beerman wouldn't be the biggest whip in the world if he could actually finish a song without a guitar noodling and "lets drink a beer." But since he can't...I think he even did a cover of Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" and asked us to drink a beer halfway through. Give me Lou's when Gibby's working, Riprocks when Anessa's working and Tavern when Dearing or Banner is working.

I do believe your missing the missing the bit that is "The BEERMAN". If you are going to see him for his musical prowess then you will be dissapointed. His shtick is that he is there to drink beer and then play music and not the other way around. The Beerman is pure greatness if you take it from the perspective of going out to have a good time, drink lots of beer, and listen to decent texas music that is more for getting the party going instead of being the main event.

I do believe your missing the missing the bit that is "The BEERMAN". If you are going to see him for his musical prowess then you will be dissapointed. His shtick is that he is there to drink beer and then play music and not the other way around. The Beerman is pure greatness if you take it from the perspective of going out to have a good time, drink lots of beer, and listen to decent texas music that is more for getting the party going instead of being the main event.

yup...tavern has a juke box and UNT has plenty of people who know the chords and words to margaritaville...all the way through...hes a beating

I dont know you, but I curse you...

Beerman is an event. You don't go see him for the purity of his music. He's there to help people have fun, not for somebody who's going to analyze every chord. He's GREATNESS!...........I ALWAYS have a hangover the day after I see Beerman...........that's the guaranty that he gives me.

Edited by Mad Hatter

Beerman is an event. You don't go see him for the purity of his music. He's there to help people have fun, not for somebody who's going to analyze every chord. He's GREATNESS!...........I ALWAYS have a hangover the day after I see Beerman...........that's the guaranty that he gives me.

I guess if you need assistance in having fun and getting drunk...have your Beerman party...I'll be at Lou's having conversation, throwing darts, hitting on cute hippie girls and getting just as drunk without having to hear the obligatory and over-used Hank Williams, Jr. cover.

I guess if you need assistance in having fun and getting drunk...have your Beerman party...I'll be at Lou's having conversation, throwing darts, hitting on cute hippie girls and getting just as drunk without having to hear the obligatory and over-used Hank Williams, Jr. cover.

Is it really this hard for people to realize that thier idea of fun might not be the One True Universal Idea of Fun?

:argue:

Yes Eaglechick was in the Tavern this weekend... After a few (15) cocktails she called me over by the pool table after I kicked someone out and said....

"Justin i have something important to tell you, Tavern has really good water"

Good times/Drunk Times at Tavern... no comparison...

and to chime in on the Beerman stuff... Bartending while he plays is a ROYAL beat down!