Hearing A Rumor

Harry

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Father in law is a Naval Academy alum. He is going to be beside himself with excitement. This will be the first true sellout at Fouts Field. Mark it down. Plenty of Navy folks around here will come to this game. Combine that with the fact that it will be Todd Dodge's first year = holy crap!!!!! Good thing I already have season tickets!!!!

Invite the Secretary of the Navy to the game and instead of putting him one of the luxury boxes at Fouts, stick his ass in one of the end zones behind the goalposts. Maybe he'll go back to Washington and ask for federal money to build NT a new stadium under some "blighted neighborhood" funding grant. :unsure: Hey, don't laugh. You've gotta think outside the box when it comes to Fouts.

Edited by DeepGreen

Invite the Secretary of the Navy to the game and instead of putting him one of the luxury boxes at Fouts, stick his ass in one of the end zones behind the goalposts. Maybe he'll go back to Washington and ask for federal money to build NT a new stadium under some "blighted neighborhood" funding grant. :unsure: Hey, don't laugh. You've gotta think outside the box when it comes to Fouts.

There are luxury boxes at fouts field? :lol:

GloryTheGreen would you check with your source to see if there is a return game and if so, when it is? We went to the North Texas VS Army game at West Point during the Matt Simon era and had a great experience. We stayed and got a tour of the facility on Sunday from a couple of the faculty wives. They used the tours as a fund raiser for their charity. If we play at Navy everyone should try as hard as possible to make that trip. If it is as neat as the one at West Point, it will be worth the effort.

That November 10th date might also explain why our first home game is with Florida International. I'll bet we had to move the Florida International game in order to open a spot for Navy. Pure speculation......but it makes sense.

As far as I can tell.....our best year in Attendance ever was 1997...with an average of 19,704. That is the year we hosted A & M at Texas Stadium and drew over 45,000.

Our best year attendance-wise at Fouts (with all HOME games at Fouts) was 1994: 19,517.

I think we can (and will) set a new attendance record (average) this year.

As far as I can tell.....our best year in Attendance ever was 1997...with an average of 19,704. That is the year we hosted A & M at Texas Stadium and drew over 45,000.

Our best year attendance-wise at Fouts (with all HOME games at Fouts) was 1994: 19,517.

I think we can (and will) set a new attendance record (average) this year.

the year AFTER Dodge was on our staff?

The stadium at Navy is not quite as spectacular as West Point (kind of reminded me of Kyle Field w/o all the extra add ons), but Annapolis is really kickass, the event itself is worth the trip, with tailgating by graduation class, the cadets, the fly by, etc... and it is just an hour or so from Baltimore which has quite a scene going on these days around the Harbor.

GloryTheGreen would you check with your source to see if there is a return game and if so, when it is? We went to the North Texas VS Army game at West Point during the Matt Simon era and had a great experience. We stayed and got a tour of the facility on Sunday from a couple of the faculty wives. They used the tours as a fund raiser for their charity. If we play at Navy everyone should try as hard as possible to make that trip. If it is as neat as the one at West Point, it will be worth the effort.

That November 10th date might also explain why our first home game is with Florida International. I'll bet we had to move the Florida International game in order to open a spot for Navy. Pure speculation......but it makes sense.

And.....

Of course my father in law already heard about this today and emailed me at work:

I never thought we be on opposite sides of any issue! And it’s going to be televised!

GO NAVY, BEAT MEAN GREEN!

and this one:

Navy will have an F-18 flyover for pre-game entertainment. What will North Texas do? :)

Actually, could you imagine a flyover at fouts? I think we would all get chills!

Actually, could you imagine a flyover at fouts? I think we would all get chills!

If they win, they could bomb the thing afterwards.

And if we won, they could bomb the f'n thing afterwards.

Win. Win. (win)

Edited by Quoner

the year AFTER Dodge was on our staff?

Or better yet, the year that NT had to average 15,000 to complete the move to D1A. The games were advertised all over campus and the students and alumni showed up to help us make the move to 1A.

BTW: Nice Avatar :thumbsup:

Edited by Eagle-96

If this is true and I hope that it is..................

We have the greatest NAVY player of all time in the Metroplex.

UNT Athletics should HONOR ROGER STAUBACH at the game.

Whadda ya think?

That would be great. I used to work for him. He is as good or better in person than his reputation which is sterling. Me may do it. Would give him a reason to come watch his alma mater play.

I recently received my orders to the SSBN 739 Nebraska. I hope the crew wont mind me wearing green on Nov 10th :D

Pssshh...only 24 Trident missles? Pansy. I've got 27 Tridents in my backyard...

Just kidding...thanks for your service. What will you be doing on the Nebraska?

WEAR THAT GREEN PROUDLY!

Edited by JayDub

Not that I think honoring Roger Staubach is a bad idea, but I think it would be better if we honored the soldiers instead. Maybe do a special discount for the game - a few bucks off to all current or retired servicemen. Maybe talk the guys out at Carswell (sorry, the JNRB) to do a fly-over. I seriously would be surprised if ESPN or Fox Southwest wouldn't be interested in televising that game.

This Navy versus UNT game (even) at Fouts Field is a tremendous win-win for both schools.

Not to get too carried away with all this, but wouldn't it be a great jesture from our alma mater if the UNT College of Music invited Navy's infamous choir in for a concert at the Murchison Performing Arts Center the night before Game Day? Man, if that happened and when they would start singing that "...peril at sea" hymn (like in the movie Crimson Tide); nevertheless, would there be a dry eye in the house?

And a superb idea, SUMG, on honoring Roger Staubach at this game (although he would probably need an invite in the next few months so he could get us on his (most likely) very busy schedule although his scheduling the Navy game would probably be very do-able for him.

And yes, untgirl04, having the JNRB crowd over here at Fort Worth come up to Denton would also be great; but (again) UNT officials should let their base officials know about this game VERY early in the year.

I'd say SINK THE NAVY but I'd feel very unpatriotic if I did. :(

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Not to get too carried away with all this, but wouldn't it be a great jesture from our alma mater if the UNT College of Music invited Navy's infamous chorale in for a concert at the Murchison Performing Arts Center the night before Game Day? Man, if that happened and when they would start singing that "...peril at sea" hymn (like in the movie Crimson Tide); nevertheless, there would not be a dry eye in the house.

Edited by NT03