Klein Offensive Lineman Commits To Unt

bdan2002

DENTON - Klein offensive lineman Matt Tomlinson said Tuesday that he has orally committed to play for North Texas. Oral commitments are non-binding. The first day recruits can sign national letters of intent is Feb. 7.

Tomlinson, 6-5, 270, was also offered a scholarship by UTEP, Indiana and Rice. He was a first-team All-District 16-5A selection as a senior.

DENTON - Klein offensive lineman Matt Tomlinson said Tuesday that he has orally committed to play for North Texas. Oral commitments are non-binding. The first day recruits can sign national letters of intent is Feb. 7.

Tomlinson, 6-5, 270, was also offered a scholarship by UTEP, Indiana and Rice. He was a first-team All-District 16-5A selection as a senior.

When was the last time Dickey beat out UTEP, Indiana and Rice for a player to come to NT?

He is in good shape. Saw him at the banquet and the year off has allowed him to get a lot bigger. He will have three years to show what he can do and I am excited to watch him.

For those of you that didn't get to see Gilmore play as a freshman, you don't know what you've missed. This young man could be the best DE we've ever had.

For those of you that didn't get to see Gilmore play as a freshman, you don't know what you've missed. This young man could be the best DE we've ever had.

Better than Cedric Hardman (the number 9 overall pick in the 1970 NFL draft and a pro bowler in 1971)? If he is anywhere near Cedric in ability he will be great.

Uhm, he had commited to UTEP, and also had an offer from Houston. DD (or staff) talked him out of UTEP, and into coming to UNT. That was 2005 (2 years ago).

Which part of that do you not believe?

The part about DD talking a player out of a Big 10 offer to come to UNT. Granted, Gilmore is a quality player and recruit, but Dodge in his first month ever recruiting is getting far more kids to change to UNT from offers of larger programs than DD ever did.

What about these North Texas Defensive Ends:

Tony Elliot the 3rd pick of the 5th round by New Orleans in 1982;

Reginald Lewis a 3rd round pick by Tampa Bay in 1979;

or Mel Davis a 15th round pick by the Steelers in 1976.

Is he better than them?

Don't know, but it will be fun finding out.

What about these North Texas Defensive Ends:

Tony Elliot the 3rd pick of the 5th round by New Orleans in 1982;

Reginald Lewis a 3rd round pick by Tampa Bay in 1979;

or Mel Davis a 15th round pick by the Steelers in 1976.

Is he better than them?

In the NT medica guide, it lists Tony Elliott as a DE, but I remember him playing Nose Tackle for North Texas. I think he played the same position with New Orleans......where he had some pretty good years. I also remember that he was a transfer from Illinois.

If Mr. Gillmore performs as well as Bernard West did back in 78-79, then I'll be impressed with him.