La Tech Changes From Grass To Artificial Turf

NT80

Is anything set in stone as to whether the new Fouts Field will keep the artificial turf, or possibly move to grass?

The new stadium will get all new turf. I highly doubt we'll be getting natural grass any time soon. It's too high maintenance, thus too expensive.

Who cares about La Tech...and esp. their field...

La tech is going to be our main competition for the next CUSA opening. We don't care about them, but we should care what they are building so we can stay ahead of them.

Edited by NT80

Is anything set in stone as to whether the new Fouts Field will keep the artificial turf, or possibly move to grass?

The only time Fouts Field better have grass is after the Texas Department of Transportation levels the stadium for their upcoming interstate expansion project, then TxDOT leaves a whole bunch of dirt where most of the stadium used to exist and then polk salad, stinging nettle and bermuda grass grows rampant. That's the only grass we ever need to see at what is the present site of Fouts Field. That stadium is still like a boil on our school's butt that needs to be lanced before it pre-explodes and gets all over FFR's television set! :blink::)

IMPLODE FOUTS FIELD SOON! ! !

That stadium (Fouts Field) is still like a boil on our school's butt that needs to be lanced before it pre-explodes and gets all over FFR's television set! :blink::)

I've never heard it put quite like that Plummer. ;) That statement could get signature line of the month. Congrats!

Edited by DeepGreen

I've never heard it put quite like that Plummer. ;) That statement could get signature line of the month. Congrats!

Thanks Phil, (I think) :rolleyes: ...........and yes, we can go from Jesus to Mohommed to Pelusi to "24" and now to "boils that need lancing" on GMG.com which means the Mean Green Nation is:

..............................................................DIVERSIFIED! ! ! :rolleyes:.......................................................................

Chasin' Green Texas Jack Rabbits (or I guess I could post about disjointed N T helmet logos, right)? :rolleyes:

I like to hear other opinions (as long as they're just like mine)! (just kiddin', of course) :P Thank goodness everyone "finally" got on the DD Ball page. Can you imagine recruiting, fund-raising, stadium fund-raising and season ticket sales for the 2007 season had we stayed the course with DD's contract? :(

Upchucking DD Ball Again: And I wonder had Dickey's last name been "Smith" if he would have gotten an offensive coordinators job anywhere? I don't think his offenses were that highly ranked at UNT, now were they? :unsure: NOTE: To you newbies who don't know the answer to that question, the answer is "no" they were never highly ranked among all the other 119 NCAA D1-A football programs. FWIW, that man's non-stop negative radio comments pointed at the one who paid him some pretty nice pay checks and at NT Exes left a permanent bad taste in many of our alum's mouths which will never allow most to respect him.

With DD, I guess the good ol' NCAA boy network in action once again would be many guesses with him. He doesn't seem to have to work as hard to get nice jobs as most other D1-A assistant coaches. Yet that G.O.B network would be fine at UNT as long as it was a productive network and that means 15,000 per home game averages need to pretty well very soon be history in Mean Green Country, now don't they?

Todd Dodge's hiring will buy some of our career slackers some more time and will help others make it to another decade I suppose, but if they are not getting job offers at higher levels, then isn't it natural we question their production at our alma mater? Suppose we should have all gotten on the Texas state teat, eh? :) Although most who get paid by the state of Texas are admirably productive, there are some who will (forever) be allowed to take advantage of it. All that group seems to have to do is put out very little effort and kiss a whole bunch of arse. :rolleyes:

I have a very big feeling our new Prez Dr. "B" will be looking very close at all production on our main campus because I don't think she will be a party to mediocrity. I have to admit that I am (gladly) having to eat a whole bunch of crow with her hire because I was not excited about it initially. Honest to goodness, I thought we were getting a northern "do-gooder" tree-huggin' feminists movement sort of woman hire at first. I know others who felt the same.

Yet southern fried crow can sometimes taste pretty darn good as long as positive things at UNT are allowed to happen inside the "picture window of our university." I would bet our UNT AD probably will have more freedoms to get even more creative now, too, as a result of her being at UNT. Seems RV may have been ham-strung by one of our own alums in the past (and that is all I will say about that). Only thing I want to see Rick V do is "loose" his infatuation for extending contracts; probably my only complaint with him the whole time he's been in Denton quite frankly. Guess there could always be worse things than that, though, eh? :rolleyes:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen