Is Unt Reaping Recruiting Benefits Of Bsu Success Whereas Potential Nt

PlummMeanGreen

NOTE: Not sure where all the lower case letters came from in the subject line as I posted them (honest Injun') as capital letters? Did I screw up the board again, Harry?:(

Yet the entire subject line which you can actually type in more words of which all don't show up on that subject line :blink: once posted should have read like this or something similar:

Is UNT Reaping Recruiting Benefits of BSU' Success Whereas Potential NT Recruits Know They Can Sign With A Similar School (Like UNT) To Reach Such Lofty Goals as the BSU Broncos .

We have to all love this new era we're in at UNT.

A Texas HS recruit may want to think twice before he signs a letter of intent with a mid-to-lower division Big 12, SEC, Big 10, etc, school so they can get their heads kicked in by those conference's Big Dogs on an annual basis when they know they can now committ to Todd Dodge & UNT with our school most assuredley by now would have as one of its prime goals for MG football to emulate Boise State's BCS Championship Bowl Series success.

Did Boise State have an "easier to get to" destination with their trip to the BCS Championship Series than (perhaps) Baylor U, Iowa State or others similar will ever have in getting there in the kind of conferences they're in? :o

UNT and Boise State have a football series record of:

UNT 3 Wins

BSU 3 Wins

Coach Fry used to say if he could ever get said "high profile" potential recruit on our campus for a visit that he always like his chances to sign such kids. I think we'd all agree that our new Mean Green head football coach has more to sell at UNT than any Mean Green HFC in our entire athletic history and he is doing just that--selling it.

The final blue-prints of our new stadium will be the icing on the cake with the implosion of Fouts Field being that cake that will fall flat as a pancake! :rolleyes:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think a new "Come to North Texas and do it the easy way" pitch would fall suprisingly flat...

Not sure that would be part of the actual recruiting sales pitch from Dodge and Co, but if kids truly are decommitting from Baylor and Michigan and now looking at UNT, then something most marvelously strange, different and quite new is happening out there on the recruiting trails, Quoner.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Not sure that would actually be part of the actuall recruiting sales pitch, but if kids truley are decommitting from Baylor and Michigan and now looking at UNT, then something most marvelously different and new is happening out there, Quoner.

Agreed - I just think we are getting kids attracted by the challenge, after all, this is the most difficult situation in the country :ph34r: I know...

Everyone join in and say the rest from where you are sitting...

Agreed - I just think we are getting kids attracted by the challenge, after all, this is the most difficult situation in the country :ph34r: I know...

Everyone join in and say the rest from where you are sitting...

Exactly....so many of the Big Boy schools have "been there--done that"; but at UNT you would be part of a pioneering journey with a future new stadium as part of the mix and with all the ingrediants in place for Mean Green football to reach annual Top 25 rankings, and who knows what can happen from there.

And their broken promises, these kids know they could buy into savvy recruiting and end up on the bench at a larger program and see their dreams fade away while their old teammates and opponents are getting noticed.

Edited by runt96