What Do You Do For A Livin'?

JayDub

I am a Programmer for the #2 company on the Furtune 500 List, which is also the largest private employer in the US. The "area" I work in is responsible for getting product ordered from various vendors, getting the product to the DCs, and then to the stores.

Purchasing and Operations Manager for small DFW based furniture company our specialty is in the media and game rooms.

UNTFan23,

Do you have any connections in the furniture department?

I have been retired in 1999. I went to work for Tennessee Gas in Houston out of HS. Stayed there 3 years, went to IRS for 4 years...taught accounting and income tax at UTA for a couple of years...then spent 25 years as a practicing CPA in public practice in Arlington.

Left my practice to go into college administration...helped pull dallas baptist out of potential bankrupture , then to Pratt KS and straighted out their acct...corrected 7 violations of KS law, installed new computer sytem, then a few years at Texas A$M at their Galveston Campus, then my last job was VP for finance and administration at El paso CC. Responsible for operations of 1 million sq ft of buildings, 400 acres with 4 campus, computer, personnel, 55 man police force, receipts/disbursements of $ 100 million per year, purchasing, construction of major bldgs on 3 campus and an entire new campus, budget office, contractural services...food service and bookstore.

I'm sure this is more than anyone wants.

Purchasing and Operations Manager for small DFW based furniture company our specialty is in the media and game rooms.

UNTFan23,

Do you have any connections in the furniture department?

If you're referring to a discount, then sadly, no I don't.

I think he was talking about getting his furniture into Walmart stores...

I don't have any contacts with the decision makers in that area. My "customers" are Replenishment Managers, who decide how much to buy for the stores. However, I can ask around and see what I can find.

I am a Regional Manager in charge of high volume hiring for UnitedHealth Group west of the Mississippi.

In other words I am a headhunter.

I also have ties to a sign shop in Decatur, that happens to be looking for someone to work doing light graphics and production of signs.

I don't have any contacts with the decision makers in that area. My "customers" are Replenishment Managers, who decide how much to buy for the stores. However, I can ask around and see what I can find.

I am actually looking for a career change well not a career change I love what I do I just what to do some where else.

Wal-mart wouldn't put the furniture that I buy in their stores it is to expensive.

I'm an Electronic Engineer (My official title is Product Engineer) for GeoPhysical Research Co. We make bottom hole Pressure and Temperature gauges for the oil and gas industry.

Edited by MeanGreenPOP

Oh, El Guapo must be a Democrat.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

---Every Governor of Texas was a Democrat until Bill Clements.... ( except the one forced on us during Reconstruction )

( Wasn't that SMU grad a real prize and honest man?? "We are cleaning up the program"!! Shortly before being given the death penalty....)

Sorry ........ I couldn't resist either.... LOL

Sam Houston was an independent.

True.. I amend it.... since the Civil War........ however Houston had been a Jacksonian Democrat when governor of Tennesee and when serving as a Senator from Texas was considered a Democrat. .

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66