Helmet With Interlocked Nt

Smitty

FFR asked to see what a helmet would look like with a clean interlocked NT (similar to the NT Exes logo but without the star). Here's a couple of versions on a kelly green helmet:

Helmet-NT1.pngHelmet-NT2.png

Reminds me a bit of OU, Nebraska, and A&M, especially the one without the outlines. The size can be adjusted, but it gives you a very basic idea how it would look.

If anyone wants this turned into an avatar, let me know and I'll add it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. The one on the left looks AWESOME! I would love for that to be our helmet next year and for many years to come.

Can someone show me an official interlocked NT spirit mark? Anyone?

THE NT isn't even the official font.

Good photoshop work, Smitty... ...but I think we need an official spirit mark or official font on the helmet that THE NATION SEES as North Texas. ...not YET ANOTHER friggin' logo.

Can someone show me an official interlocked NT spirit mark? Anyone?

THE NT isn't even the official font.

Good photoshop work, Smitty... ...but I think we need an official spirit mark or official font on the helmet that THE NATION SEES as North Texas. ...not YET ANOTHER friggin' logo.

Look at ANYTHING that the NT exes put out, look at our helmets from the Mean Joe Green era, look at the athletic letter jackets...and so on and so on. Just because the new logos were forced down our throats doesn't make them the "official" logos of the Mean Green Nation. I for one will take the interlocked NT 8 days a week.

Just because the new logos were forced down our throats doesn't make them the "official" logos of the Mean Green Nation.

so then, what exactly does it make the new logos?

For the record, I really really like these helmet designs Smitty has created, and would prefer it to the current design, but its not gonna happen, so why go on an on about it? Why not get on board with the new logos, new apparel, etc and help create a uniformed appearance of NT to the casual observer?

I respect the old stuff (some of which I even like better than the current) but this is what we have now and should have for a long time. The whole, "we dont have to take the logos given to us, we can make our own NT logos" attitude is absurd. I guess my point is, if you got on this board not knowing much about NT, could you tell what our logo/mascot looks like? Would you be excited about the traditions?

Edited by Eagle1855

Guest GrayEagleOne

Look at ANYTHING that the NT exes put out, look at our helmets from the Mean Joe Green era, look at the athletic letter jackets...and so on and so on. Just because the new logos were forced down our throats doesn't make them the "official" logos of the Mean Green Nation. I for one will take the interlocked NT 8 days a week.

Hear! Hear! My thoughts exactly. NORTH TEXAS written is just too much. I prefer the interlocking NT similar to the exes but without the star. If we are going to use anything from the new "official" design make it the eagle only. Who cares if everyone would not know who we are from the helmet design. We know; and they can learn.

Most schools don't put their full name on their helmet. I have always thought it looked a little wierd. TU just has a longhorn on the side, and it doesn't keep people from knowing who they are. We should be looking for something simple and recognizable. I like the interlocking NT, I think that the "official" stuff is nice, but we (especially on this board) shouldn't be bound to it.

That said, this is probably just talk, because TD is likely to go with the official logos (if anything changes at all).

Hear! Hear! My thoughts exactly. NORTH TEXAS written is just too much. I prefer the interlocking NT similar to the exes but without the star. If we are going to use anything from the new "official" design make it the eagle only. Who cares if everyone would not know who we are from the helmet design. We know; and they can learn.

I'm right there with you Jack. Our symbols/logos should be as simple and classic as possible.

And while I'm at it. I've never liked those t-shirts with slogans like " Proud to be Mean Green" or "Mean Green and proud of it", etc, etc. The intent is to give people permission to like, or have pride, in North Texas. When I see those shirts, I always think the same thing "who are they trying to convince?".

Just wear sweatshirts/t-shirts that say "North Texas" or "Mean Green"....or at the most both. The fact that you are wearing it out in public shows that you have pride in your school. You don't need slogans.

Just wear sweatshirts/t-shirts that say "North Texas" or "Mean Green"....or at the most both. The fact that you are wearing it out in public shows that you have pride in your school. You don't need slogans.

Good point SilverEagle and have to agree with you. My guess is the slogans come from watching too much TV/Marketing to the masses in today's society. Let's go back to the K.I.S.S. theory. Keep It Simple Stupid.

How about this??????

But what is the name of the font?

I don't think it is available, so I don't know its official name. It was custom made, so I don't believe it was available.

I simply took the N from North and the T from Texas and interlocked them. The T crossbar had to be widened for proper symmetry.

And I just took his avatar and redrew it in Illustrator changed the colors and put it on a helmet....

The NT Exes are not the University.

This isn't the 60's.

The chioce of the university to change the logo and make them the official marks of the univeristy DOES make them the official logos of THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS. They are the "official" identifiers of the univeristy, even if you don't like them.

I have said a bunch of times, I like the interlocked NT. Espeically in our font. I like the one most recently noted by Zeke in his sig. I love the NT Exes logo. I have it on the back of my car. I'm with ya...

...but this isn't about what we "would like to see". Rather, it is about promoting the image the University has chosen to represent UNT and creating (finally) an identity that sticks. This means that these spirt marks need to appear on our uniforms. I'm open to discussion as to how they may appear, and I'm sure the University is as well... but I will bet you a year's salary that any logo that is not in the current pallate of "OFFICIAL UNIVERISY OF NORTH TEXAS LOGOS and SPIRIT MARKS" don't make it on any new uniform, and there is no interlocked NT on that pallate.

The NT Exes are not the University.

This isn't the 60's.

The chioce of the university to change the logo and make them the official marks of the univeristy DOES make them the official logos of THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS. They are the "official" identifiers of the univeristy, even if you don't like them.

I have said a bunch of times, I like the interlocked NT. Espeically in our font. I like the one most recently noted by Zeke in his sig. I love the NT Exes logo. I have it on the back of my car. I'm with ya...

...but this isn't about what we "would like to see". Rather, it is about promoting the image the University has chosen to represent UNT and creating (finally) an identity that sticks. This means that these spirt marks need to appear on our uniforms. I'm open to discussion as to how they may appear, and I'm sure the University is as well... but I will bet you a year's salary that any logo that is not in the current pallate of "OFFICIAL UNIVERISY OF NORTH TEXAS LOGOS and SPIRIT MARKS" don't make it on any new uniform, and there is no interlocked NT on that pallate.

basically what I was trying to say, except better! :D well said. ditto. etc.

My comment: It looks badass. Nice job.

FWIW: part of the fun of the internet is giving an opinion--I think it's cool that people are taking the time to discuss their fantasy UNT uniforms. It doesn't have to be a heavy subject, so AFAIC, it's just a fun thing. If someone in the AD decides to pick it up and run with it--so much the better. Uniform talk is ok. ;)