Mean Green Graphics

Smitty

I recently made a few avatars for this forum, and someone asked about turning one of them into a wallpaper. Sounded like a good idea, so I went looking for inspiration from other universities, and found that several schools have large libraries of graphics for their boosters.

I wanted UNT to have the same kind of web presence, and I’ve been working on that since. I've put my initial efforts on the internet. Click here to visit: Mean Green Graphics. Please feel free to download and use any of the UNT graphics.

I’ve prepared forty-seven avatars and fourteen wallpapers. The wallpapers are football oriented, but I’m working on wallpapers for other men’s and women’s sports. I’d love to hear any suggestions.

The avatars are in .png format, which is the format used in GoMeanGreen.com’s library. All wallpapers are in .jpg format and are available in three resolutions: 800x600, 1024x768, and 1280x1024. Let me know if you would like a different size. I'll add more graphics as I have time, and I hope to prepare some screensavers and icons for desktop themes. If anyone has suggestions for other formats or uses, let me know.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas, Mean Green. I hope you enjoy.

Mean Green Graphics

Here's a thumbnail of a wallpaper featuring Johnny Quinn:

example.jpg

FULL DISCLOSURE:

I put these graphics on a subdomain of my commercial website. There is no mention of my commercial site on any of these pages, nor are there any links to the commercial website. Obviously, the primary domain’s name is listed in the address of the subdomain.

The spirit marks were downloaded from UNT’s Identity Guide website. UNT makes these marks freely available in PostScript format, which is vector-based rather than bit-mapped, allowing for easy alteration of size without loss of resolution. All such marks are trademarks of the University of North Texas. The action photographs of UNT athletes are by Rick Yeatts and published on meangreensports.com. I shot a few of the photos used on some avatars, some photographs were published in various locations on the internet, and I purchased some artwork from stock photo websites.

Edited by Smitty

By the way, if anyone else wants to create UNT graphics, here's a link to the UNT Identity Guide to download spirit marks:

http://www.unt.edu/identityguide

Here is the hexidecimal number of the official Mean Green green: #059033

And here is the RGB formula: Red: 5, Green: 144, Blue: 51

Edited by Smitty

Awesome graphics...nice job!

Question, how do I display the avatar at 64 x 64 instead of 100 x 100 so that it does not distort?

You might send Harry a PM about that. I don't why it would be displaying differently, but I've noticed a few other avatars displaying too large. Let me know if there's something I need to do to the graphics.

And thanks for the kind words.