Predictions Vs Expectations: 2007 Season

shaft

How many times thru the years have we seen a high profile coach at various outposts have a good first year, a bad second year and then in Year 3 his football program starts to take off?

213 times.

One example our own Hayden Fry. 1st year @ NT 5-5-1 , 2nd yr 2-7-2 , 3rd yr 7-4 w/ win over Tennessee!!

Fry went on to be 27-7 over the next 3 years.

So it's fair to say everyone on the board expects a better record in 2007 than 4-8, and to be contendeding for the SBC title after three seasons.

And as for 23's question of what would I have expected from DD?

Nothing, I didn't think DD should return after two losing seasons following four bowl seasons. I wasn't against the firing so much as I was against the tasteless comments made on the board. I'm also not sitting back and waiting for Dodge to fail, just so I can say "I told you so" to a bunch of fools on the internet. I'm just trying to get a read for the what the fan base expects from the new coach.

• 2 years later...

I want the team and coaches to beleive that we can compete against OU and Arkansas not that "We are lucky to be on the same field".

I want the coaches to try to win games instead of trying to stay close and get lucky at the end.

I want TD to embrace the fans and community.

How well did these three work out. Expecting 5 games that I did in the first year though, I was way off since we are only at 3 for the first 2 years.

2007:

Wheels are off at - 1-11. There's always FIU to keep the 0-fer at bay.

2008-

Wheels are off at - 3-8. There could always be the sophomore slump, and players might suffer as coaches entrust them to make more and bigger plays.

2009-

Wheels are off at - 5-7. By this point, a losing record is unacceptable.

I am guessing the wheels will be off this coming season, because I don't see 5 teams on next years schedule that will come close to a win.

UNT will challenge Ball State with their QB gone.

Army is a win at home. ULL is starting a new QB and RB, that should be a win.

Other than teams breaking in a few new players, do you have anything substantial to base these predictions on? Although I must wonder why predictions for the 2009 season are being posted in this thread.