MUTS give their opinion

Zeke

Maybe all this happened for a reason. We go to the bowl and beat Central Michigan, it might send enough shockwaves throughout he college football world that maybe people might reconsider their position on us belonging there.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

The notion that anything regarding an MTSU vs. CMU matchup could send shockwaves through the college football world is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

That said, I hope they beat the hell out of the mighty Chippewas. Go Big Sexy Blue. laugh.gif

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

The notion that anything regarding an MTSU vs. CMU matchup could send shockwaves through the college football world is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

That said, I hope they beat the hell out of the mighty Chippewas.  Go Big Sexy Blue. laugh.gif

I had to go with the Womens bball coach thing...............those crazy MUTS.

Nope!  Just the team that can draw more fans for a women's basketball game than North Texas can for a football game.  cool.gif

Your Girls basketball team probably could have beaten this years football team (I jest of course).

Let the MUTS have their barbs. They will end next season when NT hangs half-a-hundred on them and everything is right in the SUN BELT Conference.

Let the MUTS have their barbs. They will end next season when NT hangs half-a-hundred on them and everything is right in the SUN BELT Conference.

I don't know. It is pretty humerous to see them beat their chest over Women's basketball. Even more humerous is to think that we might be following what their women's team is doing as a guide to our head football coach.

I don't know.  It is pretty humerous to see them beat their chest over Women's basketball. Even more humerous is to think that we might be following what their women's team is doing as a guide to our head football coach.

The premise is this. In comparing high school girl's basketball to college women's basketball and high school football to college football--the sport is the same. The level is different, but the game is pretty much played the same way. If you're pretty darn good at it at one level, then chances are you can be pretty darn good at any other level.

The reason why we believe Dodge will be successful at UNT is his proven track record as a winner in the high school level. What was it? 77-1 record? USA Today National Coach of the Year one time. Three straight state titles?

Now do you understand?

The premise is this.  In comparing high school girl's basketball to college women's basketball and high school football to college football--the sport is the same.  The level is different, but the game is pretty much played the same way.  If you're pretty darn good at it at one level, then chances are you can be pretty darn good at any other level.

The reason why we believe Dodge will be successful at UNT is his proven track record as a winner in the high school level.  What was it?  77-1 record?  USA Today National Coach of the Year one time.  Three straight state titles?

Now do you understand?

This was his quote:

I wonder if the success of a Rick Insell at MT in women's basketball, made it easier for north texas to go the direction of hiring a HS coach.

What I understand is that the thought of our AD even considering what success MTSU lady blue raiders has had is laughable.

Your thoughts, however, are spot on. It is for those reasons that we are excited as well.

Thats what you get for reading something from someone who calls himself The SpaceRaider laugh.gif

Well, I never thought MT hiring a high school coach had anything to do with it. Villareal is a very smart man. Not only did he know that he was getting a guy with a proven track record of success, he was also getting a guy he knew would draw a tremendous amount of press throughout the college football world. And voila! You're seeing stories in media outlets across the east coast, west coast, Hawaii, and Alaska. That's what a damn good athletic director does! He craves publicity! He couldn've hired someone else that would do similar job as Dodge, but I don't think it would have the draw of attention like Dodge brings you.

I'm not suggesting that he looked at what Massaro did and tried to copy him. I just think that Massaro and Villareal are similar in their way of thinking.

Edited by BlueRaiderPride

Well, I never thought MT hiring a high school coach had anything to do with it.  Villareal is a very smart man.  Not only did he know that he was getting a guy with a proven track record of success, he was also getting a guy he knew would draw a tremendous amount of press throughout the college football world.  And voila!  You're seeing stories in media outlets across the east coast, west coast, Hawaii, and Alaska.   That's what a damn good athletic director does!  He craves publicity!  He couldn've hired someone else that would do similar job as Dodge, but I don't think it would have the draw of attention like Dodge brings you.

I'm not suggesting that he looked at what Massaro did and tried to copy him.  I just think that Massaro and Villareal are similar in their way of thinking.

Agree. Also , I apprecitate having other fellow SBC foes inputs on here. Nice of you to make the visit every once in awhile.

Just to let ya know I have a MTSU Raider shirt and even wear it out sometimes laugh.gif ( got it when I went there for a game a few years back) Ill be wearing vs. CMU and supporting you guys , good luck!

Edited by NT03

I wonder if the success of a Rick Insell at MT in women's basketball, made it easier for north texas to go the direction of hiring a HS coach.

It certainly helped dispell one of the thousands of myths mentioned on internet message boards, that's for sure. But it may have possibly come up in conversations as well between Wright Waters and RV too? If so then the MTSU program coud have helped calm some fears.

Rick