Press Conference- Wrap up

UNT_playmaker

Villareal- looked nervous, as soon as Dickey was mentioned he put his head down

Batialle- Had no idea what anyone was talking about and was shocked about the turnout to the press conferece, didnt understand teh football talk

Bobby Ray- looked Dodge straight in the eye and told him, we are expecting alot out of you and so our are fans

Lee Jackson- Sitting in the back row, overseeing his master plan to move the team to the Dallas area.

Great to see Dave Barnett there as the introductory speaker, great guy.

Over all, Ray and Villareal looked quiet and nervous, Batialle was happy and confident

250+ showed up, I thought there would be more...Ignorant questions by the media and people in the front...

One guy asked "is the facilities any better since you have last been here?, Dodge should have answered " Nope, I see you still have Fouts Field in the same condition as when I left nearly two deacades ago"

Overall alot of positives from Dodge and the fans in attendance, Villareal didnt not want Dodge to coach in the all-american game and voice his opinion on it.

Villareal didnt not want Dodge to coach in the all-american game and voice his opinion on it.

I don't think it's a matter of if RV wants Dodge to coach the game or not. The all american game falls in the no contact "Dead Period". College coaches can't contact recruits and now that Dogde is a college coach.... well you do the math.

I wasn't around for any other hires other than DD and Todd Dodge.

Hard to imagine a press conference announcing the new head football coach to go any better than this one did tonight.

I have to say that I was nervous about hiring a HS coach, and still think we could have some growing pains this first year...but I'm totally sold that this is THE guy to get it done. I will be amazed if he's not hugely successful within the next 3 years.

Lastly....my biggest impression is that we're going to have trouble keeping him here more than 3 years. He's got big-time (in a good way) written all over him.

Get ready for an exciting few years!

Without question, this hire will make a huge local splash. I would certainly expect TD to help with local recruiting. I just don't like the national "NT hires high school FB coach" type headlines that could turn off many NT alums with deep pockets outside the metroplex/Texas. That's my #1 concern. My #2 concern is whether he can make the transition from HS to college HC.