SMU discusses Dodge Hire

Harry

SMU kept Phil Bennett with hopes that he can pull them over the wall next season and get them to a bowl. Bennett is a class act, and I hope the Pony-Powers guessed right. I didnt honestly think PB would still be there after this season, but he is one of those coaches you just like and respect. Bobby and Vinny Chase are players on that SMU team and are good friends. I want them to know what going to a bowl games feels like. That said, I think a Todd Dodge offense gives NT an unpredictable edge and that is what makes it so dangerous. SMU had trouble reacting to a predictable offense in Denton. I wonder what facing the spread offense will do to them?

Regardless of who coaches who, I think NT takes a step forward next season. I dont know that I can say that for SMU, but I hope Bennett gets the program going.

Personally, I think this is a very exciting time to be Mean Green!!!

GMG!!!

I looked over that thread, and as usual, they make a lot of anti-UNT remarks as they bask in the delusion of their own grandeur.

As I recall, we kicked their @ss at Fouts Field this year, so they should just

shut up. And as one of their own posters stated, we kept them out of a bowl

game. That's pretty satisfying. I loved it when Rice beat them this year also.

My spouse is a Rice alum so we are excited about Rice going back to a bowl

game.

Huge sigh of relief heard all the way from Fort Worth. They did not want us getting Dodge I can tell you that. I am getting used to our role as the fat ugly bridesmaid.

I'm reading that thread and laughing my ass off. Glad to see them keeping an eye on us. They should get used to that.

Amazing that they already have 3 pages about NT today by 2 p.m. You think this would be the case had we hired Jay Norvell?

Who?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

it pisses me off that they keep calling us NTSU!!!!! Makes me wanna punch a pony (not a real one though ... that would be cruel)

Oooohhh....that awful "N" word. Who cares. I mean who really cares what they call us. The fact that it pisses you off is the only reason they do it. It used to bother me a little too, but now I just don't care. North Texas Teacher's College, NTSU, UNT...it's all the same to me. Aside from appearing ignorant, people that call us NTSU just show their age and the fact that they've followed our university for several years.

Pittsburgh has a similar issue in trying to shed the nickname "PITT". I've known them as Pitt all my life and I'll continue to refer to them as Pitt.

I'm reading that thread and laughing my ass off.  Glad to see them keeping an eye on us.  They should get used to that. 

Amazing that they already have 3 pages about NT today by 2 p.m.  You think this would be the case had we hired Jay Norvell? 

Who?

Rick

Hey Rick, is this the comment that you had you rolling??

The person who should feel threatened is PB. Orsini just wants wants to see what type of HC Dodge is before pulling the trigger and replacing him for PB at the end of next year.

I can't stop laughing at that rationale...Todd Dodge goes to UNT for one year and then "upgrades" to SMU. The arrogance is hilarious.

They can call us NTSU, NTSTC, NT, UNT or NCTC for all I care...until we go to Ford Field next season and they get their rematch they still have to call us Daddy.

Right you are!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Hey SMU...who's your daddy???

And speaking of being pissed...they're still pretty upset that their loss to the Mean Green was the only thing that kept them out of a bowl game this season.