Evan wearing the bad jersey

Cr1028

I would not have a problem with us wearing black uni's in the future, even last when i heard they were wearing black uni's i thought "cool," but when i saw the photos online this morning i thought we looked like a damn jr high football team.  If we are going to wear black uni's in the future they need to have some green outlines and north texas across the chest in green.  But not the pure black jr high uniforms.

ditto.

if it had been trimmed out and fitted with the appropriate logos (sponsors and conference), it might have been a cool thing for one game. the way it was done made it look bush-league AT BEST

Edited by Eagle1855

He couldn't change them at the half without telling the entire world it was a spiteful act by Dickey (if it was).

Did you read Vito's article, today, on "how sad this all is!" and "ACCORDING TO THE TEAM AND HEAD COACH DARRELL DICKEY WAS JUST A MATTER OF THE MEAN GREEN'S PLAYERS LOVING THE LOOK (black uniforms) AND NOTHING TO DO WITH A PROTEST OVER DICKEY'S DISSMISSAL." "RV SAID SUNDAY HE HADN'T EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO LOOK AT THE UNIFORMS, WHICH HAD NO NAMES OR LOGOS." Wasn't RV at the game? The team DID NOT DECIDE ABOUT THE UNIFORMS - THEIR COACH DECIDED AND THERE WAS NOTHING THAT THE TEAM COULD DO ABOUT IT!

Oh, so let's just pretend that NOTHING happened. People, we are being LIED TO, by the head coach, by RV, and by the press. Our Athletic department should be held to a higher standard. Why do you think that we are in such bad shape??

I am totally disgusted by this entire charade! I am glad that my son ONLY has one more game - and being a senior, he better get to play. I did write an email to RV last week - never heard back, guess that is just the way this administration handles things...IGNORE IT!

Did you read Vito's article, today, on "how sad this all is!" and "ACCORDING TO THE TEAM AND HEAD COACH DARRELL DICKEY WAS JUST A MATTER OF THE MEAN GREEN'S PLAYERS LOVING THE LOOK (black uniforms) AND NOTHING TO DO WITH A PROTEST OVER DICKEY'S DISSMISSAL." "RV SAID SUNDAY HE HADN'T EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO LOOK AT THE UNIFORMS, WHICH HAD NO NAMES OR LOGOS." Wasn't RV at the game? The team DID NOT DECIDE ABOUT THE UNIFORMS - THEIR COACH DECIDED AND THERE WAS NOTHING THAT THE TEAM COULD DO ABOUT IT!

Oh, so let's just pretend that NOTHING happened. People, we are being LIED TO, by the head coach, by RV, and by the press.  Our Athletic department should be held to a higher standard.  Why do you think that we are in such bad shape??

I am totally disgusted by this entire charade!  I am glad that my son ONLY has one more game - and being a senior, he better get to play. I did write an email to RV last week - never heard back, guess that is just the way this administration handles things...IGNORE IT!

Last I heard RV was conducting a search for a new head coach. As for your son who knows - that will be up to the new coach. Yes I would agree about the uniforms, I'm surprised RV hasn't done anything about that yet.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Oh, so let's just pretend that NOTHING happened. People, we are being LIED TO, by the head coach, by RV, and by the press.  Our Athletic department should be held to a higher standard.  Why do you think that we are in such bad shape??

I am totally disgusted by this entire charade!  I am glad that my son ONLY has one more game - and being a senior, he better get to play. I did write an email to RV last week - never heard back, guess that is just the way this administration handles things...IGNORE IT!

I hear what you're saying and I agree with you to a point. Your son had little choice but to go along with the coach said or possibly run the risk of losing a scholarship or suffering the wrath of his fellow players if he is not on scholarship.

Where I might draw the line is that this could've (and probably did) blindside the Athletic Department. The AD may be even more miffed than we are and that's saying a lot. However, they are in a difficult situation as far as issuing a public reprimand. Sometimes silence will turn away more criticism. I think that may be true here.

I hear what you're saying and I agree with you to a point.  Your son had little choice but to go along with the coach said or possibly run the risk of losing a scholarship or suffering the wrath of his fellow players if he is not on scholarship.

Where I might draw the line is that this could've (and probably did) blindside the Athletic Department.  The AD may be even more miffed than we are and that's saying a lot.  However, they are in a difficult situation as far as issuing a public reprimand.  Sometimes silence will turn away more criticism.  I think that may be true here.

Thank you for your kind words...SILENCE. I needed that.

It's out of our hands, better to leave it to someone BIGGER THAN US.

Thank you again

I am totally disgusted by this entire charade!  I am glad that my son ONLY has one more game - and being a senior, he better get to play.

No one who saw the Mud Bowl game will ever forget your son. I promise you that.

In terms of effort, loyalty, and class throughout a career, I think of him and Johnny Quinn at the very top. Always did what he was asked and then some; never stopped working even if he wasn't getting the most playing time (which is honestly much harder to do). He's a guy who has something that truthfully can only be earned. Respect, from me and anyone else who has seen him on or off the field.

Whether or not he plays this Saturday changes nothing. There will always be a beer on my tab for him.

Congratulations, Coach Dickey!  You've succeeded in ticking off even the one's that thought that you were a good person and wished you well in the future.  Wearing all black was a tasteless, classless act to show disrespect for a university that supported your family  for nine years and will for three more. 

I hope by now that you've cleared out your locker and turned over the final game to Coach Evans.  You are the most bitter ingrate in the history of coaching.

To quote retired ABC TV's Keith Jackson:

WHOA NELLIE!

Even worse is how DD thinks we were also all naive' enough to really believe all the reasons he gave in the paper as to why he allowed it. As some have said: I was born at night, but it for damn sure wasn't last night! ohmy.gif

If our new Prez' and BOR's allow that practice field to be named after DD, it will be yet another set back for a program that has been in "set back" mode for way too long. We need nothing that will remind us of this man's final days on the UNT payroll or even worse......42 W's...........62 L's. ph34r.gif

Will Future UNT FB Recruits Laugh When They See That Practice Field And That UNT Seems To Reward Mediocrity? Better Yet..........Will They Want To Be Part of Such A Program? huh.gif

Can't you just hear one of the brigher and more topical potential new UNT Mean Green football recruit in the future who has been told (as recruiting fodder) about "UNT's quest for excellence" and then on his tour of the MG Village he sees the practice fields with Dickey's name on it and then said potential recruit asks his UNT recruiting coach this question: "Oh, I guess he was one of the all time greats at UNT with his name on this practice field, right?" unsure.gif

And then said potential UNT recruit continues: "Coach____?____, just curious about this since this practice field was named after Coach Dickey, but just what was his all time W/L record here at UNT that cause this school (who you've been telling me all the time had a quest of excellence) did he have up here what appears to be almost an entire decade of coaching up here ?" blink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen