Dont blow this huge opportunity!

UNT_playmaker

I only hope we dont hire a Southern Miss guy here at UNT for the sole reason that RV has another friend here in Denton to kick it with....

This is a huge opportunity to bring in a big name coach, if the BOR can offer a great package to a prospective coach..

Why not have the AD seek out a coach and go shop for one, instead of waiting in the office to see what 3A or 4A HS coach faxes their resume for the job.

I am very afraid we might just drop the ball on this one.....

If we can capatilize on getting a big new coach here, which I believe ourchances to do so, dwindles with each day that passes.....Why not look at the entire front office at the UNT athletics center to see if we can make some noise and bring in big people to take on big jobs....

Hank Dickinson- Assoc AD----isnt he in charge of donors and fundrasing and going after big money for our much anticipated stadium....If this is the case than why is he still here, I know he is an alumni but we need to get the ball rolling.

It hasnt since he's been here.....RV, UNT Football and GMG.com increased MGC memberships through the years

Edited by UNT_playmaker

Hank Dickenson is a Kansas Jayhawk graduate. If you don't believe me, just ask him....he follows every move the Jayhawks make....at one time he even had a Jayhawk sticker on his vehicle.

I only hope we dont hire a Southern Miss guy here at UNT for the sole reason that RV has another friend here in Denton to kick it with....

This is a huge opportunity to bring in a big name coach, if the BOR can offer a great package to a prospective coach..

Why not have the AD seek out a coach and go shop for one, instead of waiting in the office to see what 3A or 4A HS coach faxes their resume for the job.

I am very afraid we might just drop the ball on this one.....

If we can capatilize on getting a big new coach here, which I believe our chances to do so, dwindles with each day that passes.....Why not look at the entire front office at the UNT athletics center to see if we can make some noise and bring in big people to take on big jobs....

Hank Dickinson- Assoc AD----isnt he in charge of donors and fundrasing and going after big money for our much anticipated stadium....If this is the case than why is he still here, I know he is an alumni but we need to get the ball rolling.

It hasnt since he's been here.....RV, UNT Football and GMG.com increased MGC memberships through the years

So is RV friends with the Southern Miss coaches or the 3 and 4A Texas high school coaches?

If you sources tell you Hank is an alum then you should probably stop talking to them. Not to mention the fact that several of your recent posts have just been wrong.

Drinking with your buddies and then posting your late night consensus does not equate to a "source." Its okay, not everyone has a source. Its not a badge of honor. Take me for example - I know more than I let on sometimes - as do many on the board, and if I self-promote, its done in jest, like pretty much everything I do.

Sometimes you can use it discretely in a post or two, sometimes you can say it directly, but most of the time you keep your mouth shut unless its absolutely appropriate. I am restraining myself from the usual slam dunk attacks I make on your post to tell you to take a deep breath and recall the wisdom of Anchorman:

"Maybe you should stop talking."

"Yeah why don't you sit the next couple of plays out, Champ."

Edited by Quoner

So is RV friends with the Southern Miss coaches or the 3 and 4A Texas high school coaches?

If you sources tell you Hank is an alum then you should probably stop talking to them. Not to mention the fact that several of your recent posts have just been wrong.

Drinking with your buddies and then posting your late night consensus does not equate to a "source." Its okay, not everyone has a source. Its not a badge of honor. Take me for example - I know more than I let on sometimes - as do many on the board, and if I self-promote, its done in jest, like pretty much everything I do.

Sometimes you can use it discretely in a post or two, sometimes you can say it directly, but most of the time you keep your mouth shut unless its absolutely appropriate. I am restraining myself from the usual slam dunk attacks I make on your post to tell you to take a deep breath and recall the wisdom of Anchorman:

"Maybe you should stop talking."

"Yeah why don't you sit the next couple of plays out, Champ."

Last time I checked, no one made you king of this board and gave you the right to try to silence other people's postings! Unless I'm illiterate, I don't see one mention of a claim in his post to have a "source" telling him anything. All I see is just a little ranting concern that we we make a good hire. We should all have that concern and desire for our university. I don't know Playmaker, but the post seemed pretty harmless to me. If you don't like what he has to say, then no one is forcing your little index finger to click on his posts.

This is a time when we should all be united in praying that we make a good hire for our next coach, not taking classless potshots at other members of the Mean Green Nation for having a desire for the university to do well.

Last time I checked, no one made you king of this board and gave you the right to try to silence other people's postings!  Unless I'm illiterate, I don't see one mention of a claim in his post to have a "source" telling him anything.  All I see is just a little ranting concern that we we make a good hire.  We should all have that concern and desire for our university.  I don't know Playmaker, but the post seemed pretty harmless to me.  If you don't like what he has to say, then no one is forcing your little index finger to click on his posts.

This is a time when we should all be united in praying that we make a good hire for our next coach, not taking classless potshots at other members of the Mean Green Nation for having a desire for the university to do well.

I humbly disagree. None of us will have a hand in the next hire, we're all in a hold pattern, and yes a few potshots here and there keep this little train movin. laugh.gif

Last time I checked, no one made you king of this board and gave you the right to try to silence other people's postings!  Unless I'm illiterate, I don't see one mention of a claim in his post to have a "source" telling him anything.  All I see is just a little ranting concern that we we make a good hire.  We should all have that concern and desire for our university.  I don't know Playmaker, but the post seemed pretty harmless to me.  If you don't like what he has to say, then no one is forcing your little index finger to click on his posts.

Thank you - I needed to change my signature.

Not that Quoner needs anyone else taking up for him, because he does a pretty good job of this himself, but I think the point he is trying to make is that Playmaker's post is full of factual errors.

Not that Quoner needs anyone else taking up for him, because he does a pretty good job of this himself, but I think the point he is trying to make is that Playmaker's post is full of factual errors.

Looks to me like Quoner is the one that has a problem with facts / taking posts out of context so he can slam someone else. Most of his slam on playmaker is related to Playmaker citing a "source" and an ongoing lecture of when one might be able claim such a "source". (Since he is in the know, more often than he lets on)

Pardon me, I didn't know Quoner was such an academic when it comes to talking about sources. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Playmaker doesn't claim to have a "source" on Hank or RV's connection to anyone at USM. He is just expressing a concern over a potentially bad route to take when making this hiring decision.

Can you show me the playmaker quote above that mentions the source?....... Still waiting.........????

You want to slam someone for thinking Hank is an alum? Ok, good for you, hope that makes you feel better. What's really stupid and a complete waste of time is slamming someone for something they did not say.

Looks to me like Quoner is the one that has a problem with facts / taking posts out of context so he can slam someone else.  Most of his slam on playmaker is related to Playmaker citing a "source" and an ongoing lecture of when one might be able claim such a "source".  (Since he is in the know, more often than he lets on)

Pardon me, I didn't know Quoner was such an academic when it comes to talking about sources.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but Playmaker doesn't claim to have a "source" on Hank or RV's connection to anyone at USM.  He is just expressing a concern over a potentially bad route to take when making this hiring decision. 

Can you show me the playmaker quote above that mentions the source?....... Still waiting.........????

You want to slam someone for thinking Hank is an alum?  Ok, good for you, hope that makes you feel better.  What's really stupid and a complete waste of time is slamming someone for something  they did not say.

Alright douche,

I was going off his total body of work lately - not one post. I'm trying to get away from battling him and I'm glad you are here to support him. Good luck with that.

Alright douche,

I was going off his total body of work lately - not one post. I'm trying to get away from battling him and I'm glad you are here to support him. Good luck with that.

WOW!! You've graduated to using terms like douche! I'm continuously amazed at your vocabulary and intellectual prowess! So amazed in fact that I doubt you even graduated from NT, and if you did, I hope you keep it a secret.

Speaking of douches, I've been trying to explain to my daughter the meaning of a douchebag. So why don't you come down to row 11 of section D, on the 18th so I can show her what one looks like in real life. Just in case I'm not there, I'll be throwing up on the grass after reading one your classless posts.