Ark STate beats Memphis state nfm

OldTimer

It's official- our team is falling behind. Before, it was how the other schools are catching up, but now it's our team that has to catch up. I longer care how Dickey completes this season, I want another coach. I don't think Dickey, even if he wins out, has what it takes to keep leading the team.

Edited by meangreendork

It's official- our team is falling behind. Before, it was how the other schools are catching up, but now it's our team that has to catch up. I longer care how Dickey completes this season, I want another coach. I don't think Dickey, even if he wins out, has what it takes to keep leading the team.

Get real. stAte got their ass beat by SMU a week after we beat them. Memphis sould be team #119 and will be in the bottom 10 this week. Their only win is over a D1AA team. ULL may have passed us. MUTS may have passed us, but stAte has NOT passed us.

I personally feel like 4 years of domination warrants 2 years of rebuilding. DD gets one more season after this regardless of what happens. If he chokes next year and can't get us back to the top or atleast have a solid winning season, can him.

Get real. stAte got their ass beat by SMU a week after we beat them.  Memphis sould be team #119 and will be in the bottom 10 this week.  Their only win is over a D1AA team.    ULL may have passed us.  MUTS may have passed us,  but stAte has NOT passed us.

I personally feel like 4 years of domination warrants 2 years of rebuilding.  DD gets one more season after this regardless of what happens.  If he chokes next year and can't get us back to the top or atleast have a solid winning season, can him.

Four years of domination? We lucked out in several of those games....including the game (NMSU) that clinched our first SunBelt championship.

Plus, our only win in the NO bowl was mainly due to 6 turn overs....and we didn't win by that much. Colorado St., Memphis, and especially Southen Miss showed our coaching for what it really is.

Get real. stAte got their ass beat by SMU a week after we beat them.  Memphis sould be team #119 and will be in the bottom 10 this week.  Their only win is over a D1AA team.    ULL may have passed us.  MUTS may have passed us,  but stAte has NOT passed us.

I personally feel like 4 years of domination warrants 2 years of rebuilding.  DD gets one more season after this regardless of what happens.  If he chokes next year and can't get us back to the top or atleast have a solid winning season, can him.

I don't call those 4 years domination. Many of those games came down to a single-score difference. Furthermore, those 4 years didn't yield much success in OOC games, many that should've been wins, or at least slightly respectable losses.

Years later, we're seeing:

1.)Idaho (which was the joke of the SBC) becoming 3-0, and beating a LaTech team that last year, our team didn't come close to beating.

2.)We're seeing other SBC schools putting up really good fights against non-conference teams:

-FIU v Miami: Up until the brawl, FIU fought Miami to just 14 points for 3 quarters.

-ULL v Houston: It was a 3-point win for Houston, and I don't know if our coaches can build a scheme to beat even Houston.

-FIU v Maryland: 14-10...I know the Terps are having an off year, but it lets you know their coaches are always thinking and are able to make up for talent disparity.

-GT v Troy: 35-20. It's a loss, but it's at least halfway respectable.

-Kansas v ULM: 21-19. Loss, but it looks better than the OOC losses we've had.

There were also a lot of games where SBC teams got blown out by a million miles, but it looks like some of those teams are able to at least look nice in other OOC games.

And finally...

ASU (As in Arkansas State) beat FIU 31-6, in FIU's house. I can bet you that ASU wants another W against us considering the smashings we've handed them in the years before. I want that win against ASU badly...

I don't think Dickey, even if he wins out, has what it takes to keep leading the team.

You don't have to worry about this happening. This team will be lucky to win another 2 games.

I hope with every fiber in me, he doesn't get another season to further along his inabilty to do anything outside of this conference. Do you really want him to have another season? For what? If you go 8-41 in OOC game in 9 years, you are not about to get good enough to start winning them. Maybe even more scarey then that 8-41 record in OOC games, is the fact that our AD hasn't pulled the plug on this guy.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

One more year? He'll be here forever now. rolleyes.gif