Kevin Sherrington this morning in DMN

GoMeanGreen1999

This is based on the total season, not just one game (notice Tech is ahead of TCU). Yes we put it to SMU that day, but their performance has improved and we have yet to play at that level again - at least results (end of the game).

The one that makes the least sense to me is UTEP behind SMU. The Miners just beat SMU and they have a better record??????? huh.gif

Edited by El Paso Eagle

This is based on the total season, not just one game (notice Tech is ahead of TCU). Yes we put it to SMU that day, but their performance has improved and we have yet to play at that level again - at least results (end of the game).

The one that makes the least sense to me is UTEP behind SMU. The Miners just beat SMU and they have a better record??????? huh.gif

True, but if Willis plays, don't they win that? Did you go to the game?

We deserve to Be # 10... ( Maybe tied w/ Rice for #9 at Best) I think those who disagree are getting WAY to excited about a 7OT win over a FIU. When 2 terrible teams play one has to win , its the rules .. otherwise we'd be 1-4-1.

Speaking of Rice , would be nice to get a home and home with them soon.

Can't disagree here. We have, in my opinion, 1 1/2 wins. FIU may be the only team on our schedule where, coming into the season, you could say "yeah that's a win." To have taken them to 7 overtimes only proves what we and the rest of the country know...our offense is a shadow of what it was several years ago. And bear and mind that this means we are a shadow of an offense never ranked higher than 87th or so nationally during Dickey's tenure.

Ranked higher than SMU? Let's recap.

Blown out by Texas.

Good win vs. the ponies.

Physically dominated by Tulsa in the second half (I was there)

Taken to the woodshed early by Akron and then decided to play (far too little too late)

Blown out AT HOME by a team that had never beaten us.

7 overtimes to beat a winless FIU team.

SMU on the other hand has wins over Arky State (can we do that?), Sam Houston State (ok, iffy), and Tulane in New Orleans. Their losses were a blow out loss to Tech, us, and a close one against a decent UTEP team.

If we trade schedules could we guarantee similiar results? Seriously. With Dickey and RF.

Can't disagree here.  We have, in my opinion, 1 1/2 wins.  FIU may be the only team on  our schedule where, coming into the season, you could say "yeah that's a win."  To have taken them to 7 overtimes only proves what we and the rest of the country know...our offense is a shadow of what it was several years ago.  And bear and mind that this means we are a shadow of an offense never ranked higher than 87th or so nationally during Dickey's tenure. 

Ranked higher than SMU?  Let's recap.

Blown out by Texas.

Good win vs. the ponies.

Physically dominated by Tulsa in the second half (I was there)

Taken to the woodshed early by Akron and then decided to play (far too little too late)

Blown out AT HOME by a team that had never beaten us.

7 overtimes to beat a winless FIU team.

SMU on the other hand has wins over Arky State (can we do that?), Sam Houston State (ok, iffy), and Tulane in New Orleans.  Their losses were a blow out loss to Tech, us, and a close one against a decent UTEP team. 

If we trade schedules could we guarantee similiar results?  Seriously.  With Dickey and RF.

I'll get more basic than that. I wouldn't want to play the SMU game over again. dry.gif

That's an accurate description of our season so far. Your only as good as your last game or two although the FIU win got us a lot more positive press and interest from the public than I had originally thought.

The sad part about this article is that it makes our AD staff's jobs that much tougher. They keep building a bridge and it continues to get blown up with poor play and poor public relation nightmares when one certain individual speaks to a newspaper or TV crew.

R

The sad part about this article is that it makes our AD staff's jobs that much tougher.  They keep building a bridge ...

Really? What about the AD's staff members who actively hope NT will LOSE football games? People on the AD's staff who hope and wish for bad things to happen to the athletic program to further their personal agendas of revenage no matter how it hurts the fanbase or school.

I'm sure RV is working hard to build up the program, but some of his staff are best gone.

although we realize this is nonsense

Really? What about the AD's staff members who actively hope NT will LOSE football games? People on the AD's staff who hope and wish for bad things to happen to the athletic program to further their personal agendas of revenage no matter how it hurts the fanbase or school

well if there is a member of the athletic staff posting on this board hoping that we lose and FFR knows who it is....... he needs to go to RV and let him know. I also will owe you an apology. so what say it rick? is there really someone that is on "RV's staff" posting on this board who is outwardly hoping that the Mean Green lose?

He posts on this board as FlyOnTheWall. He was quite disappointed NT won last week since that meant DD counldn't be fired during the week. To FlyOnTheWall, any lose is better than any win. I don't know who this person is yet. But, FF Rick has written he is a member of the athletic staff. In FlyOnTheWall's case, it's more accurately termed staph.

FOTW is NOT a staff member nor have I ever posted that he is.

Rick

And, when this FlyOnTheWall tries to use this board to whip up support for his personal agenda that would be grounds for termination at the vast majority of corporations.

I really don't think that FOTW is on here trying to "whip up" support for his "personal agenda". You don't have to read a whole lot on here or for that matter watch this program to understand what desparately needs to happen for it to move forward. He is on here posting just like the rest of us and frankly does it really matter if he works inside the athletic department? Does it really bother you if he did? It is a message board....for people to post on. Who cares where they work.

FWIW, I have never read where Rick said he is a part of the athletic staff, for whoever said that he did.

FOTW is NOT a staff member nor have I ever posted that he is. 

Rick

Sorry, I miss interpreted a post from last week as meaning he was on the staff. That, combined with his oft made quotes of RV, and I thought he was a staff member who was cheering for North Texas to lose.

If he's just some fan, then never mind.

Fourth. FlyOnTheWall has invested more in this athletic program than most of us combined. Thank your lucky stars we have him on board.

<snip>

Can you imagine publicly insulting an executive where you work - insulting this exective in such a way so as to lower tempt to lower the profits of your corporation - and not have a major back lash against the person who harmed the company?  

<snip>

Or a head coach that routinely disparages his employer and fans?

Keith

Edited by keith

frankly does it really matter if he works inside the athletic department? Does it really bother you if he did? It is a message board....for people to post on. Who cares where they work.

yes and you would be crazy if something like that didn't bother you. i am glad to hear that he is not a member of the AD staff.....

If you think RV is going to hire us a good football coach when he fires DD you are sadly mistaken. He won't hire the best candidate for the job, he'll hire someone he can get along with, and be friends with. Don't believe, look over at the Super Pit. JJ gets an extension for what? .500 or just below year after year. Anyone who was there the night JJ was introduced should remember RV's quote about his short list he keeps in the top of his desk, its so short he can't find it. By firing DD all RV does is save his but for another 3 - 4 years. Personally I hope DD stays, so they both can leave together next year.

Or a head coach that routinely disparages his employer and fans?

Keith

Excellent point. Has not Darrell Dickey sabotaged this program's recruiting and progress right in front of everyone, yet still arrogantly walks the sidelines with his coke boy at his side.

This reflects badly on the school, its administrators and the athletic department.

Probably much of the nation judges our "academic achievement" and standing as a university by our commitment and success on the athletic field. May not be right, may not be fair but thats probably how it goes.

Everyday we dig the hole a little deeper when we fail to announce the firing of Dickey as the UNT Football coach.

Edited by Eagle Man