Prediction: Score and attendence

calvin

NT-24

MTSU-17

22,000 attend.

Jamrio - 130 yards and one TD

Nwigwe - 70 yard TD catch

Quinn - Keeps his streak alive: 100 yards and one TD catch.

Notable Clint Marks post-game Q&A:

Reporter: "You took a nasty hit in the second quarter and appeared to be injured...How are you doing now?

Marks: " I'm told it's a mild concussion...and I'll be fine, thanks. Now who the hell is Germaine Dawson?.."

GMG!!! wink.gif

They really have not shown me enough to think they can win, however this is a Sun Belt game, and with the competition being not so "brutal" and Darrell "keep 8 men in the box" Dickey actually wanting to win now, I think we will.

UNT 28

Muts 6

attendence: 12,671

Man I hope not. That is what SMU had for the stAte game.

Middle Tennessee 10

North Texas 7

If North Texas couldn't score over 13 on Akron's paltry defense, it's unlikely they'll get much more than that against the stingiest defense in the Sun Belt. The only way that this game becomes a blowout is if Middle Tennessee or North Texas turns the ball over seven or eight times deep in their own territories allowing the team who recovered to score quickly wiht a short field because neither team has a good enough offense to sustain drives and score quickly. 41 second half points against 1-AA Tennessee Tech does not impress me, but neither does 24 points in four quarters against the second worst team in Conference USA.

Going into Oklahoma, Middle Tennessee had a total defense and rushing defense ranked 11th in the nation. Middle Tennessee has the players to stop Jamario Thomas. Oklahoma scored 35 of their 59 points off five turnovers. No way UNT or MT has the playmakers like OU had to force five turnovers to turn them all into points. That's one big difference between teams like Oklahoma, and teams like Middle Tennessee and North Texas. Oklahoma also ran an offense that was able to blow past the entire length of the field in like 2 minutes for a touchdown. That's another reason why this game won't be a blowout.

The talent level at MT and UNT is not on the same level as that of Oklahoma. OU was a hard lesson to learn, but hopefully we got wiser from it and realized our limitations.

I think the reason why the MT/FIU game was such a low-scoring affair is because you had the two teams in the league with the best defenses going head to head where the one that made the fewest mistakes won. This will be a low-scoring game because you have two of the most inept offenses in the league going up against each other. It may come down to who wins the turnover battle, but I think field position will be the key factor in this game. It doesn't matter who has the ball so much as where they have the ball. The team working with the shortest field the greater amount of time will win.

I love the (baseless) optimism from MTSU fans. As a NT fan, I can appreciate it.

But comparing a big win over a 1AA lay-up to beating an SMU team that also leveled a 1AA team as well as the defending Sunbelt champ 55-9, doesnt really prove anything. The FIU game may prove to be an impressive victory when its all said and done, as they may be one of the better 0-4 teams in the country.

Congrats on that defensive showing against OU- it was truly impressive keeping them below 60. I guess if we wanted to compare big 12 disasters, I'll point you to our 56-7 endeavor against the reigning national champs. I mean, at one point that game was 28-7 in the 3rd qtr after an 80 yard drive against one of best defenses in the country. We also gave up 14+ points on quick, stupid turnovers. so what?

I dont know about the comment on Akron's defense, I was under the impression they had a pretty decent squad (ask NC State, who knocked off BC). Certainly better than that of most of the sunbelt. Without special teams failure, that game is a lot closer.

I'll agree with you on one point- NT and MTSU are no OU. That is an astute observation. That being said, MTSU is no NT, and we this game big. Again. And just for fun, I'll go with:

NT - 24

MTSU - 6

Edited by Eagle1855

I'm not sure which UNT is going to show up, and that's what worries me.

I don't like to make predictions, but I am betting that both of these teams are going to be sky-high for this game, and there's going to be some hitting.

I think UNT is going to pound MTSU--if Jekyll shows up, and not Mr. Hyde.

UNT 28

MTSU 10

Attendance: 19,816

Edited by LongJim

I love the (baseless) optimism from MTSU fans. As a NT fan, I can appreciate it.

But comparing a big win over a 1AA lay-up to beating an SMU team that also leveled a 1AA team as well as the defending Sunbelt champ 55-9, doesnt really prove anything. The FIU game may prove to be an impressive victory when its all said and done, as they may be one of the better 0-4 teams in the country.

Congrats on that defensive showing against OU- it was truly impressive keeping them below 60. I guess if we wanted to compare big 12 disasters, I'll point you to our 56-7 endeavor against the reigning national champs. I mean, at one point that game was 28-7 in the 3rd qtr after an 80 yard drive against one of best defenses in the country. We also gave up 14+ points on quick, stupid turnovers. so what?

I dont know about the comment on Akron's defense, I was under the impression they had a pretty decent squad (ask NC State, who knocked off BC). Certainly better than that of most of the sunbelt. Without special teams failure, that game is a lot closer.

I'll agree with you on one point- NT and MTSU are no OU. That is an astute observation. That being said, MTSU is no NT, and we this game big. Again. And just for fun, I'll go with:

NT - 24

MTSU - 6

Can we please not fight over who sucks more?

NT-38

MuTS- 9

21,000 students are going to come in packs.