Patrick Cobbs

KingDL1

Next stop, Miami

Rookie Patrick Cobbs, who made a strong impression in training camp and exhibition action with the Patriots, has been on a wild ride over the last two weeks. His latest stop is the Miami Dolphins' practice squad.

``It seemed like the best opportunity," said Cobbs, who cleared waivers Monday and then flew to Dolphins headquarters. ``The hope is that I'll spend some time on the practice squad and then have a chance to be activated to the roster."

Cobbs, who led the Patriots in preseason rushing with 188 yards on 38 carries, had been traded to the Steelers for a conditional draft choice Sept. 1. While he was on the Steelers' 53-man roster for the season opener, he wasn't active, then was cut in favor of veteran Najeh Davenport.

It was a surprise, but they told me they wanted a bigger back," said Cobbs, who then was courted to return to the Pittsburgh practice squad. But when Miami called, Cobbs felt that was a better landing spot.

It's been kind of crazy, three teams in less than two weeks," he said. ``It feels good that teams want me, but then they don't want me. It's kind of weird. I'm just taking it day by day, looking to find the best place I could play."

Cobbs said he is ``forever indebted to the Patriots for giving me my first opportunity." Cobbs was ready to sign with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League when the Patriots offered him a tryout.

The Boston Globe

Congratulations Patrick

---Patrick is showing up on Yahoo fantasy football as a Dolphin........with NA by his name which means he is "not active" ........ at the moment......

---Apparently he has signed with them..... Backups there now are Suggs and Minor and Suggs was just added recently from the Browns and did very little last year (8 carries in 8 games, plus 4 rushing TDs in the entire 3 year career and none last year). Suggs did not appear in Miami's first game. I would not be surprised to see Patrick on the active squad soon because he can catch the ball out of the backfield and it seems their other backs lack that ability (combined they have only 3 TDs receiving and not a lot of catches)..... Good luck this time...This looks like the best situation yet.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Steelers RB signs with Miami: The Dolphins added more depth at running back by signing rookie Patrick Cobbs to the practice squad.

Cobbs, 23, was impressive during the exhibition season as he led the New England Patriots with 188 yards on 38 carries and three touchdowns. The Patriots traded the 5-foot-9, 205-pound back to the Steelers for a conditional seventh-round pick before the season.

"My head's still kind of spinning but it's slowing down a little bit," said Cobbs, who had 4,050 yards in four years at North Texas. "I'm hoping I can get moved up (to the active roster) at some point. That's my plan. I want to be on somebody's team."

Palm Beach Post