DRC "getting even" Loren to play immediately

OldTimer

Could not find any info on this guy at Rivals.  Did find some information that he was a HS senior in 2002 (!), so don't know what he's been doing since then.

He was signed by OK ST, I don't know whether or he actually played for them. I found in on their Athl Site under statistics...showing -0-...........not on a roster.

It is my understanding that NT was really interested in him.

He was signed by OK ST, I don't know whether or he actually played for them.  I found in on their Athl Site under statistics...showing -0-...........not on a roster.

It is my understanding that NT was really interested in him.

Giving the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt on this situation. I seriously doubt that they would bring him in for just one year. If they did, then this guy must have some serious talent.

Giving the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt on this situation. I seriously doubt that they would bring him in for just one year. If they did, then this guy must have some serious talent.

If he never started classes at Ok St, then the clock on eligibility wouldn't have started. Maybe that's whats going on.

If he's been in Iraq (I assume arrmed services), then he should bring a lot of discipline and leadership to the 'room.

And, Hayden was not told to avoid recruiting the JUCO players that could help “win now” to build the team for the future. Darrell was.

VE, if you want to use that as a point you might want to verify the numbers of jucos that played for Simon and Darrell. I don't think the numbers will support you at all. As for as Fry, he did not sign many jucos at all. Rod Rust did depend on juco recruiting and when the eligibility rules changed; his recruiting took a big dive. Rust signed 6 juco all americans one year and everyone of them was declared ineligible after the rules changed. Fry in his early years at NT did get a great number of transfers from other schools but not jucos.

The knock on Simon was that he spend too much on the recruiting of California jucos, not the number of signees. In Simon's defense if you are going to recruit jucos why not go where most of them are.

Number of wins when you are referring to a sub-.500 coach is a measure of longevity not success. If you go by that standard, I guess Slinker is one of NT's greatest all-time coaches.

Edited by GrandGreen