Patrick Cobbs Cut

koose

The Steelers cut PC to sign Dookie Davenport, formerly of the Packers.

Davenport earned his nickname after being arrested for defecating in the closet of a dorm room, while a female resident was sleeping. He was released by the Packers last week.

Edited by koose

Guest JohnDenver

Unreal ...

I guess he really may need to go prove himself in Europe or something. I don't know.

Out of left field he gets traded then cut.

Maybe he ends up on the NE practice squad?

That's weird. They just traded for him last week, and now they're cutting him? Doesn't seem like they gave him much of a chance. And after all the good things Bill Cower was saying about him....

I wish PC the best of luck. Maybe someone else will give him a chance.

I would like to know what the trade consisted of. All I have heard was that PC was traded for a conditional draft pick, but there has been no elaboration on the conditions. I guess it is possible that the Patriots were just going to cut him and the Steelers said that they would give the Pats a late round pick if Cobbs made the active roster for a game. Maybe that is why he wasn't on the active roster and why he was cut. I hope we don't have to wait till the 7th round of next year's draft to see if the Pats got a pick from the Steelers.

Hopefully PC gets picked up somewhere, on a practice squad at least.

It does seem odd they would cut him after trading a draft pick away for him... They must really be worried about depth knowing Staley isn't going to be worth anything this year and their 3rd down back in a backup role on thursday night didn't play well. Davenport has been a solid backup in GB the last 4 years.

I was hoping this was some kind of cruel joke... You never know whats going to happen, just ask kurt warner. Maybe after Cobbs makes the pro bowl in a few seasons this series of events will make a good story  cool.gif

The News feels like a really bad omen!

I think Patrick will land somewhere.