Funny looking NT helmets?

Got5onIt

I've been watching college football all day and have solidified my thoughts on this from all the viewing. I first noticed it during the UT game....

Why are NT's helmets so "large" around the upper part of the helmet? These new Revolution helmets are a bit larger but for some reason, the NT helmets look disproportionately larger.

I just can't place it my finger quite on it. The other Revo helmets I've seen today are bigger but still maintain the natural helmet "contour".

Could it be the facemasks are sitting too high? I've noticed many are still using traditional face masks and probably should switch to a Revo mask. Maybe that's the issue.

As you can see, I'm a nitpicker.....

laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

Are you talking about the "wedge" looking part that runs from front to back? UT had those too.

UNT should look into the pills the UT players took before the game to monitor the internal body temperature. Plus those vests that you can circulate cold water through on the bench.

I don't know, but shouldn't we consider a LOGO on our helmets??

Yeah and your avitar is the one to use. Why did UNT go to the trouble and expense of developing what looks like a damn good logo if it won't be used in the most obvious place to use it, i.e. THE SIDES OF THE HEADGEAR???!!

I've been watching college football all day and have solidified my thoughts on this from all the viewing. I first noticed it during the UT game....

Why are NT's helmets so "large" around the upper part of the helmet? These new Revolution helmets are a bit larger but for some reason, the NT helmets look disproportionately larger.

I just can't place it my finger quite on it. The other Revo helmets I've seen today are bigger but still maintain the natural helmet "contour".

Could it be the facemasks are sitting too high? I've noticed many are still using traditional face masks and probably should switch to a Revo mask.  Maybe that's the issue.

As you can see, I'm a nitpicker.....

laugh.gif  biggrin.gif

I think you're talking about the anti-concussion helmet. Riddell makes it. Here's the link.

http://www.riddell.com/RevFacts.htm

Yeah and your avitar is the one to use. Why did UNT go to the trouble and expense of developing what looks like a damn good logo if it won't be used in the most obvious place to use it, i.e. THE SIDES OF THE HEADGEAR???!!

Or at the very least on the sleeves of the jerseys!

Edited by NT91

They'll use the logo when they change the color of the unis... did any of you catch the Marshall WVU game... I am going to hate when our green is that color. blink.gif Stick to the dark green it's much more classy and agressive looking.

I think you're talking about the anti-concussion helmet. Riddell makes it. Here's the link.

http://www.riddell.com/RevFacts.htm

Those are the Revolution helmets I was referring to.

After thinking about it a little more this morning, many of the North Texas helmets looked like they were fitted with a concussion "crown". Except the crown was part of the helmet.

Oh well, this is not an important discussion by any means. I'm just rambling....

smile.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

You may be thinking of the Schutt DNA helmet that Jamario was wearing.

Ding Ding Ding!!!

You've solved that nagging riddle for me. This helmet is using a very long mask. Jmo's helmet was using the traditional 2-bar RB mask which sits a bit high. That is why it looked wierd to me.

Thanks Bryan!! I can rest in peace, now.

biggrin.gif