from ESPN

bigrobdsp

"If people want to walk around and say, 'Our goal is to win a national championship,' well, that's great. But you need realistic goals. You're not going to win a national championship in my lifetime, or God's lifetime. That's just the truth."

Former Middle Tennessee AD and coach "Boots" Donnelly

I'm no Norman Vincent Peal by any stretch of the imagination. But if you can't imagine it, then it definitely will never happen.

BTW, have I mentioned lately that

I DIDN'T COME HERE TO LOSE!

"If people want to walk around and say, 'Our goal is to win a national championship,' well, that's great. But you need realistic goals. You're not going to win a national championship in my lifetime, or God's lifetime. That's just the truth."

Former Middle Tennessee AD and coach "Boots" Donnelly

I'm no Norman Vincent Peal by any stretch of the imagination. But if you can't imagine it, then it definitely will never happen.

BTW, have I mentioned lately that

I DIDN'T COME HERE TO LOSE!

There’s a reason Donnelly the FORMER AD at MTSU! There are several great answers to on the Sun Belt Board at this link..

My favorite is the comparison to Boise State. In the last 15 years they’ve gone from 1AA to contending for a BCS Bowl Berth! That is certainly within God’s lifetime.

It is also pointed out that you do not have to be a Sun Belt member to lose a game by a lot of points. Texas 70 - Colorado 3 and USC 70 - Arkansas 17 were two from just last year. And both Colorado and Arkansas will probably contend for a National Championship again within God’s lifetime.

Calling wins over teams like Louisville and Cincinnati “signature” wins is what is disturbing about articles like this. Even in the Rod Rust era, we would beat these teams regularly.

I remember the great Lee Corso complaining about how he (Louisville) found it difficult to beat North Texas, even when we were bad.

I remember the great Lee Corso complaining about how he (Louisville) found it difficult to beat North Texas, even when we were bad.

I was agreeing with your post, until you referred to Lee Corso as great. I know know that there are two people who think he is great: you and Lee Corso. He is half the reason I can't watch ESPN Gameday (the other half being Craig James).

The NCAA's I-A Mendoza Line for average attendance is 15,000. Programs that fall short of that, in actual or paid attendance, over a rolling two-year period will receive a letter of non-compliance from the NCAA. Schools then enter a 10-year window during which they must meet the attendance standard or be placed on restricted membership -- which could take away their bowl eligibility.

Only one Sun Belt school was below the NCAA's 15,000-fan line last year: Louisiana-Monroe, which averaged 14,617. The MAC had six schools fall short (including the bottom three: Buffalo, Kent State and Eastern Michigan, all of whom averaged fewer than 9,000 fans) and the WAC had three.

I almost feel as if this part was included just for those who say nobody comes to our games because we're in the Sun Belt...then say we should join the WAC.