GO PATTY GO!

Harry

You know the Patriots won't let him go easy after a performance like that, but you know there are teams out there wishing PC was competing for their starting spot instead of competing for a spot on the Pats.

I would also like to remind everyone that Brad Kassell was active and had roughly 7 tackles for the Jets tonight and AA was active with the Giants and was credited with 2 tackles.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

Good grief..NO..

Steve Ramsey was the starting QB for Denver in the 70's.  Spider Lockhart was a Giant starter for a long time.  Ron Shanklin was a Steeler reciever for Bradshaw (starter), Beasley Reece was a Safety for Dallas  and long time starting safety for the the Giants  and there have been many more.  A lineman (Name?) was a pro-bowl starter for the 49ers.

Cedric Hardman.

Cedric Hardman.

And.....Hardman was the 9th player taken in the 1970 NFL draft.

Alson saw Shanklin go in 2nd round, Ramsey in the 5th, and Holloway in the 10th.

May be wrong but I think this was the team that almost beat Arkansas.

Want to say Hardman started college at only 16 or 17 , played only two years and was in NFL before he was 20.

--Thanks, "Cedric Hardman", he was on the team that almost defeated Arkansas (15-17) and this was a great 10-1 Arkansas team that was highly ranked and that lost only to Texas who in the process of winning 30 consecutive games.

--If I remember right, NT had the ball close to the Arkansas goal as time ran out. It is a scary thought to think he and Joe Green were lined up beside each other for North Texas. Meanwhile Steve Ramsey (future Bronco starting QB) was the North Texas QB. --And we received no bowl bid...crazy-- Then even more than now (fewer bowl then also) , bowl bids had a lot to do with how many fans you would bring. We need to increase attendence!!!!

---Yes,Virginia, North Texas had been mentioned on National NFL TV before, a lot.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Was Erric Pegram drafted ?  I thought he got into the NFL the same way Patrick did.

Not being a pro football fan, I only watched to see PC.  Then I dosed off and missed the touchdown.

Pegram was a sixth round draft pick of the Falcons the same year they drafted Brett Favre.

Congrats to PC.

Somehow Ray Renfro, father of Mike (TCU) and Grandfather of Clint (Southlake) was left out. Renfro had an NFL career of 12 years, 3 Pro Bowl selections and averaged an incredible 19.6 yards per catch for his career.

More about Renfro

Edited by Buford_Julep