Football: 101

greenjoe

Emmit and his situation remind me of a wife thing I've got to deal with.

My wife, Brenda, is perfect. She's pretty, a North Texas alum, and she's married to me. The problem is that she's not a football fan. Not to say she doesn't wish the Mean Green well, she just doesn't care to be at the games.

So I get the Football 101 invite. I mention it to her and her eyes roll. "No really," say I. "I think this would help you to understand the game, therefore enjoy it more." "I don't care anything about football," she says.

Finally, she says she'll go, if I GO WITH HER !

Now, goodness knows, I could use some Football 101, but I don't want to be the only male at an event designed for women.

Give me your thoughts, please.

It's this Thursday at 6:00pm at the Athletic Center.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Give me your thoughts, please.

If it means that much to you to have her attend games, then call the number on the football 101 invitation and ask if husbands are allowed to attend.

Don't expect miracles however. There are many women who attend games who don't have any idea about the strategy of the game. They go for reasons other than to appreciate the strategy and/or techniques of the game.

Of course, since this is Dickey-ball, how much strategy/technique could there possibly be?........... cool.gif

LongJim, Abilene or Cooper fan?

Also, I'll be attending Football 101 and would love to meet some newbies to football. I grew up in West Texas, where football is in the blood, regardless of gender.

GMG!

Brenda went to Football 101 last (th) night. She said the place was packed. No men. She said Ramon Flanagan had the best presentation, but by the time he was up on the program, the margaritas had taken over and it got kinda silly. Questions like "If you were an animal, what would you be ?" took over. She sat with JaMario Thomas and was impressed how polite he was. She got the impression that Johnny Quinn "must be a big deal." She was impressed with the facililty.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

LongJim, I attended AHS two years (it was grades 10-12 back then-no 9th), but I was forced to move to Irving the summer before my Senior year. But, I am, and always will be, an Abilene Eagle! Beat Cooper!

I also attended Football 101 and yes, as we all know, the Mighty Quinn is deservedly a big deal. Be jealous Quoner! Johnny sat down by me before all the presentations and we talked for about 15 minutes! His mother can be justifiably proud of her son. He is an outstanding young man. He also was proud to show me his class ring (he will be graduating in December).

Yes, it did deteriorate somewhat, but I did learn some more good info about making adjustments and who picks up who. I had a great time and was very impressed with the twenty or so players who attended. The football fashion show was great! It was also interesting to hear a rundown on what the players and coaches do on gameday. I plan on going again next year (and probably every time they have it!).

GMG!