OT: Ken Lay Dead...

LongJim

This is about as suspicious as:

1. Jim McDougall having a massive heart attack in the Fort Worth Federal Prison...a possible clinton-cide. (remember Whitewater)

2. Ron Brown's plane flying into a mountain in the Balkins....then both air controllers committing suicide (i mean clinton-cide). (going to testify against the clintons when he got back to the USA).

3. Vince Foster's suicide in Fort Marcy Park....another clinton-cide....(was he actually doing Hillary.....ugggggg)

Now......

#4.....Ken Lay.....did the clintons have money in enron???? hummmmmm!!!

There are better conspiracy mean green theorists than me on this board....

Any comments Plummeangreen???SilverEagle???

ph34r.gif

1.  Jim McDougall having a massive heart attack in the Fort Worth Federal Prison...a possible clinton-cide. (remember Whitewater)

2.  Ron Brown's plane flying into a mountain in the Balkins....then both air controllers committing suicide (i mean clinton-cide). (going to testify against the clintons when he got back to the USA).

3.  Vince Foster's suicide in Fort Marcy Park....another clinton-cide....(was he actually doing Hillary.....ugggggg)

Now......

ph34r.gif

Well, if the Clinton's had that much sinister power, the 2000 and 2004 elections would have been much different.

Is there a more appropriate title to a link. laugh.gif

I loved the quote on FoxNews:

"Lay went from the nice grandfatherly type to Nixon about as fast as Basic Instinct II went to video."  Ouch.

He left $100 million to NT with the following conditions:

Build a new stadium and name it Ken Lay Memorial Field.

Place a statue of him out front. Bury him in the North endzone like the dog at TAMU.

He is made an honorary Talon - immediately making him one of the top 10 most active members left.

Tina Slinker coaches until PMG passes away.

His head is cryogenically frozen and displayed on the second floor of Maple Hall.

Should we sign it over to another program or keep it?

Guest JohnDenver

1.  Jim McDougall having a massive heart attack in the Fort Worth Federal Prison...a possible clinton-cide. (remember Whitewater)

2.  Ron Brown's plane flying into a mountain in the Balkins....then both air controllers committing suicide (i mean clinton-cide). (going to testify against the clintons when he got back to the USA).

3.  Vince Foster's suicide in Fort Marcy Park....another clinton-cide....(was he actually doing Hillary.....ugggggg)

Now......

ph34r.gif

Give me a break ..

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/clinton.htm

These have been disproved a million times over.

He made some horrible decisions and left alot of people penniless in their golden years. Regardless of what he did, I don't want him or, anyone else, to rot in Hell. He is dead now so let's just leave it at that.

He made some horrible decisions and left alot of people penniless in their golden years. Regardless of what he did, I don't want him or, anyone else, to rot in Hell. He is dead now so let's just leave it at that.

Some horrible decisions? I suppose you could call swindling thousands of people into bankruptcy a horrible decision rather than what it is - outright theft and fraud. Ken had the accounting books "cooked" and played the hide-the-liabilities-behind-front-companies game to hide Enron's financial troubles in order to boost the stock price while he dumped millions of dollars of it. He was duly convicted on all charges. What horrible decisions he made.

Eagle-96 may not want him to rot in hell, but I DO!!!

He destroyed the futures of too many people!

I dunno, it just seems that wishing someone were in hell is pretty strong for crooks. I generally reserve my hell-wishing for people who fly planes into buildings or guys like Zarqawi, who behead people on the internet. So, I can't relate. huh.gif

Once again, LongJim drops a turd in the punchbowl. biggrin.gif

Some horrible decisions?  I suppose you could call swindling thousands of people into bankruptcy a horrible decision rather than what it is - outright theft and fraud.  Ken had the accounting books "cooked" and played the hide-the-liabilities-behind-front-companies game to hide Enron's financial troubles in order to boost  the stock price while he dumped millions of dollars of it.  He was duly convicted on all charges.  What horrible decisions he made.

Don't get me wrong, I beleive what Ken Lay did was a crooked, deceitful, and wrong. He got rich while thousands of people were left with nothing. He, and Skilling, ruined the lives of many people and then lied in court to cover themselves. I, in no way, condone their actions. I just don't relish in the thought of anyone spending an eternity in Hell.

Don't get me wrong, I beleive what Ken Lay did was a crooked, deceitful, and wrong. He got rich while thousands of people were left with nothing. He, and Skilling, ruined the lives of many people and then lied in court to cover themselves. I, in no way, condone their actions. I just don't relish in the thought of anyone spending an eternity in Hell.

I'm with you, 96 -- Except for people who fly planes into buildings or guys like Zarqawi.

He left $100 million to NT with the following conditions:

Build a new stadium and name it Ken Lay Memorial Field.

Place a statue of him out front. Bury him in the North endzone like the dog at TAMU.

He is made an honorary Talon - immediately making him one of the top 10 most active members left.

Tina Slinker coaches until PMG passes away.

His head is cryogenically frozen and displayed on the second floor of Maple Hall.

Should we sign it over to another program or keep it?

Yet another post full of pure internet gold from the great Quoner.

Seriously,

I feel more sorry for all the people he defrauded from their retirement than I do for Ken Lay. Ken Lay has already received his "eternal judgement" the instant he died from the only indivdual who does eternal judging. His fate is sealed.

The people he defrauded must either forego retirement, move to smaller homes, not pay for their kids college education........the list is almost endless.

I personally do not know anyone who worked for ENRON.....perhaps someone does, in the Mean Green Nation, who would be willing to share a story.

I personally do not know anyone who worked for ENRON.....perhaps someone does, in the Mean Green Nation, who would be willing to share a story.

Well, I don't know anyone who worked for Enron, but a very good friend of mine invested money in the company about two months before the collapse. He doesn't talk about it much.

Now......

ph34r.gif

---Ken Starr spent $50,000,000 [$39 million on Clinton directly] investigating Whitewater which was a small 240 acre developement in the Arkansas Wilderness. That is almost $250,000 per acre spent in investigation fees. After all of that he found absolutlely nothing on the Clintons and wound up locking Mrs. McDougal on contempt when she refused to say in court what he wanted her to say. She had testified several times and said she wasn't going back again. The most crooked thing item about Whitewater was all the money spent by Starr. Since $50,000,000 later he found nothing on them he must have been very incompetant or else there was nothing to find....... You get to decide.

---He then got lucky with the Lewenski "affair" and went after him on that. That had nothing to do with Whitewater.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/199...el.probe.costs/

---A lot of retirement funds lost money on Enron (including a portion of mine) but to me the very worst situation occured to those unfortunate people who never worked from Enron but was retired and too old to ever work again. Enron accquired their companies and looted their retirement funds and these people were left with no income and no insurance and are struggling to survive without family help in many cases. Lay's activities of looting billions makes Whitewater's $300,000 alleged crooked loan look like peanuts. Too bad Lay did not die in prison the day before his scheduled release years from now. He had earned it and made Bonnie and Clyde look like saints and cheapskates...

Long live Skilling... (in prison)....and several more that knew what was going on including Wendy Gramm, audit committee member.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Being a native Houstonian and knowing many people that were burned, I can understand the ill will toward the guy. CERTAINLY not to defend him, but I think he was simply an arrogant and greedy man who turned a blind eye to what was going on rather than the mastermind behind the whole fiasco. On the other hand, I think that Bernie Ebbers was THE mastermind behind the entire fiasco at WCOM. Btw, I never owned any Enron, but I DID own some WCOM, so my opinions are a bit prejudicial when referring to one scam over the other. That being said, may Bernie Ebbers BIP (Burn In Prison).

Well, if he is in Hell, I'm sure he's already told Satan that he can do a better job. ph34r.gif

--When a person is in charge..... the final responsibility rests with him... whether he himself was corrupt, dishonest, or whatever. We pretty much do the same with a football program or a government situation, the final responsibility rests with the coach or leader to run a clean program, company, or government and to get honest people, qualified people in the right positions..

---As for Hell, we don't get to make those decisions and whatever happens will happens. Some people seem to think they get to decide who is headed where but they are just guessing. All Religions are all about two words...beliefs and faith.... not proofs and absolutes. Because of that there are so many groups and sub-groups and most of us sleep well at night knowing that God makes the big decisions, not us.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66