Coach Dickey

Guest GrayEagleOne

That would be Type II diabetes. Usually Type II is not insulin dependent. I've had it for ten years and while it has caused some problems it is mostly controllable with proper medication, diet and exercise.

But, left unchecked, it can be really nasty and is around the fourth or fifth leading cause of death. needless to say, I wish him all of the best.

I heard yesterday that Coach Dickey has been diagnosed with diabetes, I do not know if it is type 1 or 2.  However it is manageable and he should be fine.

I hope this post is not true like your last "inside news" about medical conditions - but if it is, my prayers are with Coach Dickey as he finds the balance between the spartan life of a coach and changing his lifestyle.

I'm not trying to be insensitive, and I wish Dickey the best. I hope this isn't the case and if it is, good luck to him.

This does bring up the question of whether or not there is going to be a position for our returning MVP this year or whether our Diet Coke guy will be left holding diet unsyruped carbonated water.

This does bring up the question of whether or not there is going to be a position for our returning MVP this year or whether our Diet Coke guy will be left holding diet unsyruped carbonated water.

He'll just have to change to Green Tea.

Thanks for the update fly.  This would explain some things.  God bless DD, I wish him the best.

Rick

Ditto on that, FFR...

Whether one likes DD's coaching style or not is immaterial when it comes to the real things of life such as one's health. I know each and every one of us on this forum (and beyond) will wish him well and Godspeed with this newly diagnosed health situation of his. Having suffered from depression since Novemeber of 1986 (and probably well before that truth be known), I know the importance of good health and also know how it can affect every aspect of one's life.

Like someone once said, "if you lose your health, you've just about lost everything." I agree with that philosophy to some extent, but I also know (as many of you on this board do as well) that you also have to deal with the cards that life has dealt you, too, and just try to make the best of things.

PMG

I thought about Diet Coke guy too when I read this in the Morning News. He's entering North Texas lore along with the albino squirrel and Hector the Eagle Dog.

Best wishes to Coach Dickey as he copes with news that has to be hard to hear. I have one relative who takes insulin for diabetes and is active and healthy and another who let it go unchecked, which was the likely cause of two recent strokes.