The titans can't be this stupid...

So the Tennessee Titans draft Vince Young, one of the two best athletes in this draft, and the least NFL ready of the quarterbacks and they're thinking of letting Steve McNair go to the Ravens. Huh? Your other two quarterbacks on the roster are Matt Mauck and Billy Volek...yeah, I'm trying to remember them too. You're gonna turn the keys to the car over to a rookie...a rookie with a bad throwing motion, who spent all his time in shotgun, and who has never been required to make more than one read...and this is your gameplan? I sure hope Chris Brown and LenDale White run for A LOT of yards. huh.gif

Guest e-bone

McNair will take up around a quarter of the Titan's cap space if they keep him. I'm sure they can find a vetern QB somewhere that won't be near as expensive, and then use the remaining cap room to improve the rest of the team.

McNair will take up around a quarter of the Titan's cap space if they keep him. I'm sure they can find a vetern QB somewhere that won't be near as expensive, and then use the remaining cap room to improve the rest of the team.

Uh, didn't "penny pincher" Jerry Jones screw around doing this for several years, looking for a veteran QB? Look where it got the Cowboys.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Since I'm at the height of my good cheer, I can't help but say that this is the only thing that could make me hate the Tennessee Oilers any more. The Oilers and I both left Houston about the same time, only they stunk it up a lot worse in the process. That is best epitomized by their great icy choke playoff loss to the Bills.

Watching USC defenders flailing in vain at Vince Young as he inevitably waltzed into the end zone at the end of the Rose Bowl, I thought I was watching WWF.

The Oilers even passed through Memphis on their way to Nashville, and wouldn't you know I'd end up here to catch some of the bit of stink they left in their wake.

Guest e-bone

Uh, didn't "penny pincher" Jerry Jones screw around doing this for several years, looking for a veteran QB? Look where it got the Cowboys.

Huh? The situations are not comparable at all. The Cowboys didn't have a QB taking up a quarter of their salary cap and they hadn't just drafted a QB with the #3 pick of the draft. If they want a veteran QB so Young won't have to start they can find one who won't cost near as much as McNair, who has been injury prone and in a sharp decline the past few years.

Guest e-bone

Several things I haven't seen mentioned:

1. McNair will count 23.5 million towards the caop this year; that's a lot.

2. Volek is very well thought of in this league; the Titans weren't even entertaining offers on him.

Actually both of those have been mentioned.

Several things I haven't seen mentioned:

1. McNair will count 23.5 million towards the caop this year; that's a lot.

2. Volek is very well thought of in this league; the Titans weren't even entertaining offers on him.

Bingo. Word here in Nashville is that we may sign another veteran QB to come in. If McNair would take a cut in pay, he'd remain a Titan. But looks like he's gonna go out like Eddie George (I bet George wishes he would have taken a paycut now--one and done in Dallas).

Make no mistake, Bud Adams brought VY here. I'm just glad the Titans didn't pick up Jay Cutler.

The titans can go 0-16 for the next 40 years for all I care.

However, I think they will be fine with Volek for a couple years. If LenDale can keep himself away from the twinkies and ho-hos in the off season, he should be an impact player this year. VY will take a couple years. If he actually does develop into his potential, he will annoy the hell out of me twice a year, for many years to come.

---Bledsoe was 8th in passing yards last year of the 32 teams (30 yds per game less than the leader, Tom Brady) Bledsoe was not the problem. Jones is doing more like NE does and not having a couple of players eat up the salery cap, especially unproven ones. He has learned that inexperienced QBs such as Quincey and others are worthless. Leaf is a great example of why drafting a rookie QB is risky... can be a flop or pay-off big if you can have patience to wait a few years as Aikman did... but not immediately. I am not a Jones fan but Jones is spending as much money as the rest of the teams are just different than some such as San Fran.. How did the big payout to Alex-Smith at San Fran work last year ? or---

as fellow North Texas alum Dr. Phil says---" How is that working for you?" --LOL

San Fran was 32th in offense of 32 teams and 32ed in defense.....How they didn't draft ahead of Houston is a miracle... they won a few close ones and Houston didn't.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

talking about the Titans, how about the Dolphins signing Marcus Vick??

its a gamble, but it could turn up good for them if he can get his act together.

I think that if he had transferred to a Div1AA school for this year instead of going to the draft, he probably could have improved his draft stock considerably (like, been a first-day guy, assuming he behaved himself). Would have showed coaches he was serious about football. If you remember, he was considered a solid heisman candidate half way through last year.

Guest e-bone

It's not really a gamble. If he doesn't pan out or if he does something stupid then they will just cut him and only be out whatever they gave him as a signing bonus. Which I doubt was a lot considering he was an undrafted FA. Heck, we might see Vick returning kickoffs for the Dolphins next season if he doesn't work at QB.