DRC Van Malone leaving Nt for AZ ST

OldTimer

DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET IT!!!!!     Malone was DRIVEN away from UNT by Lee Jackson!.    Yeah...that the ticket.   LEE JACKSON is continuing his meddling in the athletic department.   He wants to cut the assistant coach staff so he can roll their salary money into the UNT-Dallas budget.  I have it on good authority from some nameless but well placed UNT alumnus (I"ll just claim someboy emailed me or PM'd me with the info).    Anyway,  this was all decided in a behind the scenes,  closed door meeting between Jackson,  Bobby Ray and the double secret Kansas State conspirators....   dry.gif  ph34r.gif

Baby Arm, you seem a bit touched with all this, eh?

Actually, for those who cannot post intelligent things about the themes or subjects at hand, all they seem to ever have left is their "attempts" to belittle or to demean the poster. Sorta' of a sad statement of affairs for those who say they actually have a college education.

New poster ObviousMan's signature: "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." (Albert Einstein) Hardly saying that I am some kind of "great spirit" but what I have to say is probably more truth than naive and shallow-minded types can probably handle.

And I think at UNT, we have more than our share since many of you prefer all this SBC/Bottom 10 neighborhood and a head football coach at UNT who has bashed "YOU" at every turn the last 5 years on DFW radio.

Yet, some of you really do like bad college football? Well, you got it.................but sue me for wanting good college football (again) at the University of North Texas. The gall of some people, eh?smile.gif

Mr. Ray, clean house...............lets start over (FAU did well starting from scratch and we haven't beat them yet)................... and lets do this while we have a house, Mr. Ray. (And to quote your MGRN boys most sarcastic oft' used phrase the last few football seasons which was also aimed at everyone of "YOU")::::::::::::::"Did you all like that)"?

Have A Nice Day.smile.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Well Stan the info is public go to the school and see for yourself. What is your background that I have to explain myself to you...........

Can you show us a link? I don't think he was being confrontational by asking you this. Maybe, just curious where those numbers came from. Lighten up.

Since this board is anonymous, anyone can throwaround numbers or accusations, for that matter, but they have no credibility.

Example:

Van Malone was asked to leave because he publicly disgraced the diet coke guy.

Example:

The BOR has cut our football budget in half for the next year.

Edited by GangGreen

Baby Arm, you seem a bit touched with all this, eh?

Actually, for those who cannot post intelligent things about the themes or subjects at hand, all they seem to ever have left is their "attempts" to belittle or to demean the poster.  Sorta' of a sad statement of affairs for those who say they actually have a college education.

New poster ObviousMan's signature:  "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." (Albert Einstein)  Hardly saying that I am some kind of "great spirit" but what I have to say is probably more truth than  naive and shallow-minded types can probaby handle. 

And I think at UNT, we have more than our share since many of you prefer all this SBC/Bottom 10 neighborhood and a head football coach at UNT who has bashed "YOU" at every turn the last 5 years on DFW radio.

Mr. Ray, clean house...............lets start over (FAU did well starting from scratch and we haven't beat them yet)................... and lets do this while we have a house, Mr. Ray.  (And to quote your MGRN boys most sarcastic phrase which was also aimed at everyone of "YOU": "Did you like that)"?

Have A Nice Day.smile.gif

"Ligthen up Francis"

It's joke, thats all it is.

"... we really must maintain our humor with much of what we are being asked to support from those on campus who ask us to do such even while they wear a straight face"--PlummMeanGreen 2/3/06 4:34 PM

Edited by Baby Arm!

Guess UNT coaches are able to move up the 1A ladder.   cool.gif

Having observed NT athletic employees coming and going the last 30 plus years, I believe I have said that 99% (a ball park figure) from UNT usually don't ever move up the NCAA food chain; well, I guess one might then say that Van Malone was part of the, uh, 1%?

ANY DAY OF ANY YEAR: Give us a coach (once again) that the PAC 10, Big 10 (or whichever high profile 1-A league) wants to hire away from UNT any day of the year; of course, pnly after such a coach has spent about 6 or 7 or 8 years of "well above" .500 football success and some key OOC wins in Mean Green Country.sad.gif

On the other side of the coin, don't give us coaches (or athletic staff-types) who hunker down in Denton well past their welcome that no one outside of Denton seems to want to hire.sad.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I would like to visit this notion that the football budget has been decreased.

1. New locker room and practice facility

2. New state of the art video equipment.

3. Private meeting rooms for each position coach.

4. New state of the art weightroom

5. New academic center for the real reason these kids are in school.

If the budget has been cut, where?

Could it be that the teams we are playing do not require as much travel money?

Have they taken salary money away from the coaches?

I know they did not get raises last year but quite frankly they did not deserve raises.

The man is leaving and still.........

Football budget:

2002  $3,651,852

2003  $3,185.530

2004  $2,976,279

2005 will be reported in Sept

A 700K reduction in budget in two years. Yet, NT has the same number of ships and coaches. What could have been cut? The reporting of athletic expenditures are questionable at best and can be changed substantially with different methods of allocating costs. The only other significant variable is travel but generally that is going to be offset by guarantees from oc games or positive effects on return games in future years.

I would like to visit this notion that the football budget has been decreased. 

1.  New locker room and practice facility

2.  New state of the art video equipment.

3.  Private meeting rooms for each position coach.

4.  New state of the art weightroom

5.  New academic center for the real reason these kids are in school.

If the budget has been cut, where?

You're quoting capital expenditures, not yearly budget expenses. Apples and oranges. I know that doesn't answer your question as to why budget has been "cut" but your list is not the reason.

You're quoting capital expenditures, not yearly budget expenses.  Apples and oranges. I know that doesn't answer your question as to why budget has been "cut" but your list is not the reason.

Exactly. Same deal with people asking "they can build a new 15 million dollar football stadium, but they can't pay teachers a reasonable salary?"

Capital expenditures are typically debt financed (although they can also be financed partially or wholly (UT, A&M) through donations). You can't, however, use bond money for M&O. Without looking at their 05 budget, though, I couldn't begin to tell you where they cut.

Gary DeLoach to UCLA and Freddie Kitchens to Mississippi State along with Malone in recent years.

Went for many years w/o NT coaches advancing themselves, but the group I am talking about moreso, ie, ancillery NT athletic staff members of which few seemed to better themselves in recent decades. (Isn't the reason for that fairly blatantly loud and clear)? Yet, most of that group back in the day just had the common sense to move on after being an intetegral part of an overall unsuccessful MG athletic program of which they were as big a part of (fundraising, marketing, attendance?) as the coaches who were delivering all this to Mean Green fandom. You all remember that era, too, right? As in back in the day when most our varsity head coaches were, uh, under .500 after given several years on the NT athletic staff to get above .500?

Whoops! Sorry 'bout that, the aforementioned scenario seems to be happening now; but this present group seems to think they are giving us a Top 25-50 athletic program the way they keep hanging onto the Texas state teat (& 17 yrs for one of 'em who is still way under .500 at UNT--HELLO! CALLING EARTH! ANYONE ON CAMPUS LISTENING?smile.gif

Well, I think a Top 25-50 ranking is as much a fantasy as DD getting on the radio even one time w/o telling the world how bad things are at UNT (& he knows because he works there), how bad season tickets sales are (boring Dickey Ball?)

AND DD telling all DFW area potential HS recruits (most of whom do have radios) how NT fans question his under .500 record with 5 OOC wins in 8 years.smile.gif So most of us (even on this forum) would agree that instead of our having the Top 25-50 existence that some on campus must actually think they are giving us the way they all stick around (and are never asked to leave), but our being an annual Bottom 15 program is closer to the reality of our present situation in Denton and will probably remain so until massive changes are made). FWIW, even non North Texans or non NT Exes would recognize what our real problems are in Denton.

***********Would TCU, UTEP, Texas Tech, UH and others similar copy UNT's style of adminstration from the top as well as from each of their own athletic departments?sad.gif Their constituencies seem to expect different results than many of our group do, many of whom have been brow-beat & force-fed a most strange style of management by those who won't even be around our campus in positions of leadership 10 years from today. That is 10 years from today to see what they hath wrought for those of us who will be around as the recipients of all that.

But UCLA, Miss. St and Arizona St.? Who knows, maybe a whole new exciting era for North Texas football?!?!? If so, lets still try finding all those other 15,000 Mean Green fans who have yet to discover this new phenomena since they still don't show up for Dickey Ball (and, uh...........didn't show for Dickey Ball during or after 4 bowl years).

For those of our elect who like things just the way they are, iee, SBC/Bottom 10, bottom quadrant of NCAA D1-A OR annual football rankings (winning season or not) which will have us somewhere ranked between #90 to infinity; anyway, those who fear change and are just "hunky dory" with what we have now, I don't think they have to worry about any dramatic changes with our present group in Denton).

And one has to wonder if some on this forum would have a spin about Quasi Moto, ie, the infamous hunchback of Notre Dame with a description of him something tantamount to this: "Oh, he just has a little bump on his back, shouldn't really keep him from getting a cute babe now should it." Interpretation: Some seem to be making under .500 W/L records after years of employment at UNT just "a little bump" and hardly nothing ugly at all.

FWIW and IMO, all the wrong people are leaving Denton. After all, if one has brain cancer, you don't solve such a problem as that by amputating a few toes and fingers.sad.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen