Dunham's verbal attack

Dear "sth"-

I'm not sure if you were the guy doing all the yelling...but from what you said you were saying, I'm pretty sure you were the guy...You made the last game of the year unbearable.  Not sure if you were tanked or not, but you were obnoxious, overbearing and annoying.  You ruined the entire Game Experience.  I know our offense was bad...I know our defense was bad...I dont need some loud mouth-know it all screaming words of discouagement towards the players or the coaches, after every frickin play. 

Congrat on you being a season ticket holder, thats great...I'm glad you supprt MG atheletics and I hope you continue to do so.  Everyone in the stands wants the same thing...a successful program.  I've often heard that people get a "pass" when it comes to making comments at sporting events, espcially those who are "Season Ticket Holders".  I heard several of our beloved MG faithfull say, "I'm a season ticket holder I can say what I want", and you can, BUT  being a season ticket holder does not and never will give you the right to be an "ASS" for an entire game.

Sincerely,

Greensteve

But it obviously gices the coaches a right to pick a fight in the stands, an announcer to basically run off a season ticket holder, when we have a small amount anyways, and finally a HC who has made it obviously clear that he does not want to be here.

Yeah to bad as fans we have to just keep it in so that we do not offend you.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aquila_Viridis

This 'incident' and this thread are about the most pitiful things I could imagine about a college sports program. Could you imagine this discussion taking place at a big-conference school? The fact that our stadium is so relatively quiet that the announcer is having trouble from a SINGLE person during the broadcast says a volume about our current place in the order of things. The one thing fans can do to contribute is make noise. The guy is making noise. If more fans made noise he'd get drowned out and there would be no discussion. This season, except for the first game, has been so horrendous. Clearly you have here a fan to whom the situation matters alot or he wouldn't be out there with his head about to pop off. If the team gave him something to cheer about he wouldn't be carrying on in such a negative way. You may not have noticed, but there is a LOT to be upset about.

George Dunham has been a huge supporter of UNT football and one of the best things about the program during some lean years.

That doesn't give him a pass to jump down a fan's throat, if the incident happened the way you recall it, but even if it did I'd hate to see this become a bigger deal than it should be. Chalk it up to a frustrating end to a dismal season. People get angry and do some crazy things -- ask Ramon Flanagan.

If you go to banquets and the like, it's probably inevitable that you'll run into Jubjub again. My unsolicited advice: Put your thoughts about how you think it could've been handled better in a letter to R.V. and George, then close the book on it.

People who are calling for George's head need to chill out. Great announcers who are doggedly loyal to their school without being insufferable homers are hard to come by.

Thanks for the entertaining read! haha. Sounds like both parties were incredibly wrong. The funny things are:

1) George Dunham charged a fan about being obnoxious. Talking about obnoxious. His show and the ticket is the most obnoxious show (about sports) I have ever heard. (No I don't listen to them any more).

2) Two grown men have a need to continue their spat on local airwaves, especially GD. STH should have called into the show. Then they could have continued the argument on the air.

3) The thought of a TUB OF GOO like GD threatening anybody makes me want to laugh up a lung.

4) NOTHING is worse than being in the close proximity of an obnoxious fan. NOTHING! I still have the headache from the UofDenver fan who pounded his thunderstix through an entire basketball game a year ago (maybe I have a tumor).

5) First and foremost, an employer has a duty to protect his employees from people from the outside. Trust me on this. Don't be surprised if RV didn't rip GD privately. Especially after he continued the situation on his show.

Anyway, peace to all of you.

Dunham is using his radio show and "celebrity status?" to label, or tag me as a foul mouth fan that's not wanted at Fout's simply because he was irritated.  Dunham went way over the line and there are consequences. You just don't go around lying about people.

First I heard of this incident was on Friday's Ticket morning show, They brought it up in relation to a jerk fan at the Tech/OU game in the background of a FSN broadcast and how some fans think the cost of a ticket gives them license to act like an ass.

For the record, 1)George didn't bring it up. He only talked about it when proded by the other host.

2)I dotn't recall him saying anything about you cussing, he just said you were being an obnoxious fan, So I don't see how he's trying to label you as a foul mouthed fan.

3) How is he can he label YOU, when he never uses your name? Your name was never used. It's pretty hard to use a radio show and celebrity status to label someone when they don't even use your name. How would anyone know it's you?

4)Seems like you just don't want this to die. Dunham said he was contacted by a reporter from the North Texas Daily for his comments after they decided to run a story when contacted by someone that claimed they were verbally assaulted by Dunham. Who called the NT Daily? hmmmmmmm. Must have been YOU, Seems like you are using any and all methods to keep this going. YOU called the NT Daily, YOU called RV, YOU posted this thread.

All we've heard from Dunham was 5 minutes on his show... Seems like it's you that doing everything he can to lable someone.

All in all form this outsider it appears you are just being a big crybaby because someone gave you some of what you were dishing out.

GROW UP

First I heard of this incident was on Friday's Ticket morning show,  They brought it up in relation to a jerk fan at the Tech/OU game in the background of a FSN broadcast and how some fans think the cost of a ticket gives them license to act like an ass.

For the record,  1)George didn't bring it up.  He only talked about it when proded by the other host.

2)I dotn't recall him saying anything about you cussing,  he just said you were being an obnoxious fan,  So I don't see how he's trying to label you as a foul mouthed fan.

3) How is he can he label YOU,  when he never uses your name?  Your name was never used.  It's pretty hard to use a radio show and celebrity status to label someone when they don't even use your name.  How would anyone know it's you?

4)Seems like you just don't want this to die.  Dunham said he was contacted by a reporter from the North Texas Daily for his comments after they decided to run a story when contacted by someone that claimed they were verbally assaulted by Dunham.    Who called the NT Daily?  hmmmmmmm.  Must have been YOU,  Seems like you are using any and all methods to keep this going.  YOU called the NT Daily,  YOU called RV,  YOU posted this thread.   

All we've heard from Dunham was 5 minutes on his show...  Seems like it's you that doing everything he can to lable someone.

All in all form this outsider it appears you are just being a big crybaby because someone gave you some of what you were dishing out. 

GROW UP

Perhaps it would be nice to here from George Dunham. He should respond on this board and not his radio show. Maybe he would like to defend himself. Maybe not. I guess he just wants you to do it. Say something George! Why so quiet. As a great Mean Green Fan, you must read this board. Defend yourself.