DMN Article

Mad Hatter

Todays high school QB's are qeared to passing for the most part. Look at the high profile college QB's ,most are piloting teams that feature the pass. The college with an outstanding passing game are the programs that are attractive to the outstanding high school players. Without an offense that features the passing game UNT will not be a attractive choice for most hs or jc quarterbacks.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We face the same type of fronts every year.  The only time we've not had success is OOC, where it becomes obvious we don't have the talent of other mid-majors. 

We averaged between 2200-2400 rushing yards from 2002-2004.  We had 1573 this year.

That was the difference.  We couldn't/didn't run successfully against those fronts.  The 3-and-outs and poor defense had us playing with our backs to the wall all season.  Sure, we didn't have a QB capable of playing catch-up, but we don't have an offense for it, either.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I don't remember our running game ever really opening up until we started to show that the play-action was dangerous.

Haven't you heard?  We need to give Dickey credit for QBs he didn't sign.  If they were here, we would've won the Sun Belt again and gotten blown out in the New Orleans via Lafayette Bowl.  It would've been GLORIOUS!  On the strength of players Dickey didn't sign, I don't understand how he's not widely regarded as the best coach in the NCAA.

I don't understand your point I guess. Are you suggesting that UNT had a shot at Vince Young, or a Brady Quinn?

I'm asuming you are being sarcastic. Although, I don't know who said we need to give Dickey credit for QBs he didn't sign...

I am truely lost as to what point you are trying to suggest.

Does anyone else worry about Johnny Quinn declaring for the NFL draft if the QB situation does not improve before this spring ?

Not a chance. His draft status won't be that high next year, much less this year. Quinn will be a free agent just like Kassell, and just like I am afraid Cobbs will be.

Don't fret however, this is still a way to the NFL, as kassell has proven.

Not a chance.  His draft status won't be that high next year, much less this year.  Quinn will be a free agent just like Kassell, and just like I am afraid Cobbs will be. 

Don't fret however, this is still a way to the NFL, as kassell has proven.

Don't forget about Cody Spencer! I have a feeling Brad Kassell had a lot to do with him getting picked up by Tennessee, but I look for great things from both of them in the future.

Don't forget about Cody Spencer! I have a feeling Brad Kassell had a lot to do with him getting picked up by Tennessee, but I look for great things from both of them in the future.

Cody was drafted in the 6th round by Oakland. He was not a free agent, like Quinn needs to hope he can be.

I don't understand your point I guess.  Are you suggesting that UNT had a shot at Vince Young, or a Brady Quinn?

I'm asuming you are being sarcastic.  Although, I don't know who said we need to give Dickey credit for QBs he didn't sign...

I am truely lost as to what point you are trying to suggest.

People said this year would've been different if we had Zac Taylor, as if we should give Dickey credit for a player on Nebraska's roster because we were #2 or #3 on his list before Nebraska called him and he hopped on board posthaste.