Logogate Renewed

FireFightnJoey

I was at the square watching the parade Saturday afternoon when Dr. Pohl's float came strolling by. He was wearing a sweater type letter jacket with ... wait for it ... a huge interlocked NT! BTW, it looked awesome. It was sized perfectly and you couldn't ask for a better logo. I wish I had a picture of it. Did anyone else see it? I did see a lady in lower section E wearing the same sweater with the interlocked NT. I couldn't help but think that would be the perfect logo on our helmets, etc. But what do I know, I keep forgetting we're a university.

I saw the Lady in lower section E wearing it and had to ask her about it. They are the new lettermans jackets. She stated that you just "wouldn't believe" what we had to go through to get something like that. She complained about the "U" making the letters on the letterjacket "wrap too far around". She was preaching to the choir - the jacket looked GREAT!!

Yes, please. Let's go ahead and make our logo look like the logo of at least 10 different universities with the old style block letters.

And that would be bad why? It is "SIMILAR" to the other universities but it is not the same. It is similar to Texas A&M and Texas Tech. Why should we not align ourselves with a similar logo? It is far from copycat...

I saw the Lady in lower section E wearing it and had to ask her about it.  They are the new lettermans jackets.  She stated that you just "wouldn't believe" what we had to go through to get something like that.  She complained about the "U" making the letters on the letterjacket "wrap too far around".  She was preaching to the choir - the jacket looked GREAT!!

I would LOVE to have a jacket like that. I'm wondering why the Exes don't get the same people to produce a similar jacket for the Exes.

Is that the same logo held prisoner by the Exes?

I guess not anymore. I was looking on their site for hats and found what looked like a pretty good black hat. Of course, Rick and I could have had a better one made for them, but they declined.

I'm being told that another vendor sends them e-mails wanting to make stuff for them, but he gets no response from them at all. Not even a "thanks but no thanks".

I guess not anymore. I was looking on their site for hats and found what looked like a pretty good black hat. Of course, Rick and I could have had a better one made for them, but they declined.

I'm being told that another vendor sends them e-mails wanting to make stuff for them, but he gets no response from them at all. Not even a "thanks but no thanks".

It should be the Exes logo. I know the BB team uses something similar.

As for aligning ourselves with other, bigger teams- why be content with looking like we belong when the real question is, why not look different? Why look like them when we can be different and better?

I look at schools like VT, or Oregon who have a style that's all their own. I look at Miami's orange U and that's something particular to that school. Look at the C for UConn, and that's something particular to them as well. It's easy to pick something that everyone else is using, it's far more impactful to execute something that isn't.

But hey, what we have now is locked in. Frankly, I'd rather that the school FINALLY stick to some sort of identity system, regardless of what it is. With the switching of marks almost every year, I think something consistent is important.

Edited by meangreendork

Guest Aquila_Viridis

But hey, what we have now is locked in. Frankly, I'd rather that the school FINALLY stick to some sort of identity system, regardless of what it is. With the switching of marks almost every year, I think something consistent is important.

The eagle logo needs to become ubiquitous, like that damn longhorn. If people see it around enough, those who don't already know will want to figure out what it represents.

I saw the Lady in lower section E wearing it and had to ask her about it.  They are the new lettermans jackets.  She stated that you just "wouldn't believe" what we had to go through to get something like that.  She complained about the "U" making the letters on the letterjacket "wrap too far around".  She was preaching to the choir - the jacket looked GREAT!!

We saw those too. There were several girls from the Soccer team with them on. It's actually better looking than the Exes logo. Seemed more balanced and it did not have the star in the middle. And the logo, which was over the left side of the jacket, was huge. If I had to guess I would say the letters were 8 inches square? It really stood out. Again, thank you RV.

Helmet please?

Rick

The I-locked NT still reads "TN". It's also the NT exes logo.

It reads TN only if you have no clue.

The interlocking NT on the helmet does not have to look exactly like the NT Exes logo. There is a lot of room to put together a good looking logo without ripping off the Exes.

FFR might appreciate this:

I finally met FFR Saturday. I was wearing my RETRO (circa 1970) rounded NT. I would love to see a "throw back" day and UNT wear those helmets and jerseys.

user posted image

It reads TN only if you have no clue.

Why cause the confusion? There are a lot of people who know nothing about college athletics, so why throw them off? Like I said, the eagle is what we have now, might as well make the best of it. I don't much like the lettermarks, but eagle and the eagle head pass. Trying to get a change now will waste more money and confuse more people.

Excuse me if I'm tired of hearing about logos. The school made one, it's only mildly satisfactory as a whole to everyone, let's leave it alone.

Edited by meangreendork