Post Game

Rudy

I know that the coaches probably used the typical blame-deflecting comments as usual, but does anyone know what was said by the staff?  Anything referring to the flanny incident, or just on the field stuff?

I just heard the DD locker room interview and it was all game related. He said ULL had a good running game and we couldn't stop it at the end, which was true. Their QB had a career night rushing and DD also mentioned our penalties which extended some ULL drives. More of a ho-hum interview like let's get this season over with.

To be fair, we also had numerous players that made NFL rosters on those DeLoach teams.

If numerous means more than one. You're right, we had two (Kassell & Spencer).

But according to Dictionary.com Numerous-Amounting to a large number; many.

TWO is not a large number.

Awasom, Kassell, Spencer all have made the final cut before. Thanks for looking up the definition of numerous, I was wondering.

Numerous or not, how many of these type of players are on the current roster?

Edited by Zeke

There is no doubt there was a ton more talent on those defenses. The big difference was Booger, because he was such a one man wrecking crew by himself, DeLoach never had to blitz and could keep those playmakers back to make plays either in pass defense or have a free shot to the ball carrier because Booger would take up blockers.

One of the things I learned from Mr. Baker in Coaching Basketball at good ol NT was:

"When you got a horse you ride, when you don't, you walk."

Coach, that is it!! NT does nothing to offset its lack of size and speed. We never blitz or stunt? How many times did we blitz last night? Most teams if undersized will do some things to keep a offense off balance. NT will never do this. I understand and can appreciate the bend but do not break defense, but sometimes you need to take some chances. If you get burned you go back to your basic defense.

If our undersized D line was moving somewhere at the snap, I promise you would see a difference.

ohmy.gif