What was the attendance?

El Paso Eagle

Guest JohnDenver

There were a number of them down toward the front; I'm not sure all of them stayed the whole game though. sad.gif

They sit right in front of me in Row 9. It was a packed house ... some big dudes. They left in the 3rd. ALL of them. ohmy.gif

It is sad that we couldn't preform at a level I know Mean Green can. What this signals to me, is that we need to do major promotions for the Troy game and try to get people out. Despite losing, the student section, i think, was enjoying it. I do not, and will not, begin a stream of negative posts, but only encourage our fans to keep trucking. I think the sign of a good, lasting, fan base and team tradition is the response of fans. I expect and am fine with the negativity towards Flanigan and Meager and maybe even Dickey, but lets vent now and prepare for next game and next home game. Glory to the green, always... lets show everyone, including other conferences, we aren't a joke by not extending the pesimism too long.

Guest JohnDenver

I am with you on this. We got whipped.

*ALL* teams get whipped once in awhile. OU is getting whipped this year by teams that they shouldn't. I am not to saying Tulsa isn't up to our level, but 54-2 isn't up to our level.

Dust ourselves off.

Hopefully this shows our young players that it sucks to lose and let your fans down. Hopefully they find the drive/desire to play to their potential.

It really is hard to win without a QB. It is proven every week at all levels of football.

I am with you on this. We got whipped.

*ALL* teams get whipped once in awhile. OU is getting whipped this year by teams that they shouldn't. I am not to saying Tulsa isn't up to our level, but 54-2 isn't up to our level.

Dust ourselves off.

Hopefully this shows our young players that it sucks to lose and let your fans down. Hopefully they find the drive/desire to play to their potential.

It really is hard to win without a QB. It is proven every week at all levels of football.

Losing games doesn't bother me so much as the way we lose games sometimes. Chalk this one up there along with FAU last year (where we seemed clearly outcoached) and Troy back in '01 (ugh).

What was worse was seeing the really unimpressed recruits we had there.   

I sit to the right of the section where the recruits sit. At the start of the game the Talon who was running the NT Battle Flag was having problems with it and I couldn't get his attention to come down in front of our section to help him with it, so I went down to the railing in front of my section and crossed over to the left two sections, including the recruit section to get to him and repair the flag pole. I did and tracked the same way back to my seat.

Right as I sit down a nice Eagle Angel comes over to me in front of my 4 year old and everyone within ear shot and explains to me that, due to NCAA rules, alumni are not allowed near any recruits who are visiting and asked if I not come into that section again. I know this rule, it's been explained here before but the look on everyone's face in my section was priceless to say the least over the shear dedication our Eagle Angels have to do their job, and the even more stupidity as to why it is they(the recruits) are allowed to sit in the middle of a very crowded alumni section to begin with if it's such a danger to bring problems...rule wise?

For fear of getting North Texas placed on probation and myself getting thrown into jail I didn't have the guts to tell her that a couple of them rubbed past us as they made it down the crowded stairs to their seats at the beginning of the game.

Rick

I sit to the right of the section where the recruits sit.  At the start of the game the Talon who was running the NT Battle Flag was having problems with it and I couldn't get his attention to come down in front of our section to help him with it, so I went down to the railing in front of my section and crossed over to the left two sections, including the recruit section to get to him and repair the flag pole.  I did and tracked the same way back to my seat.

Right as I sit down a nice Eagle Angel comes over to me in front of my 4 year old and everyone within ear shot and explains to me that, due to NCAA rules, alumni are not allowed near any recruits who are visiting and asked if I not come into that section again.  I know this rule, it's been explained here before but the look on everyone's face in my section was priceless to say the least over the shear dedication our Eagle Angels have to do their job, and the even more stupidity as to why it is they(the recruits) are allowed to sit in the middle of a very crowded alumni section to begin with if it's such a danger to bring problems...rule wise?

For fear of getting North Texas placed on probation and myself getting thrown into jail I didn't have the guts to tell her that a couple of them rubbed past us as they made it down the crowded stairs to their seats at the beginning of the game.

Rick

laugh.gifsad.giflaugh.gifsad.giflaugh.gifsad.giflaugh.gifblink.gif

Guest JohnDenver

Rick

Now you see why JD and the Angels have never seen eye to eye? wink.gif

I sit in row 10 section E. I am a sarcastic man. They don't have a sarcastic, witty, humorous bone in their Angel wings.

They always try that crowd control crap with my group ...

So how do we handle the attendance for the Troy game? I think they should place EVERYONE on the side opposite the cameras, and have the stands behind the cameras empty. That way it will seem like a full stadium.

There were some recruits in front of us in section E. Yeah, um they didnt look impressed. At least the ones who were there at the end of the game.

As to the Eagle Angel, would someone show me where in the US Constitution it says that its illegal to for an alumni to effing WALK PAST a recruit. I was talking to one of the recruit's parents after the game. Uh oh, sorry guys, I didnt mean to get us placed on probation. rolleyes.gif

I dont want to say anything bad about the Angels, cause there are some pretty sweet ones I was talking to during the game, so I'll just keep my opinion of the organization and what they are rumored to do to, um encourage recruits to myself. but I do find it odd how its only females that go out and talk to recruits. dry.gifph34r.gif

Edited by Rudy