Adjustments on the Defense

DeepGreen

Not at the game but listened intently. I'm wondering what type of defensive adjustments we could make to improve our defensive play. Someone mentioned moving Adam Venegas to the defensive line. He's big, 6-3, 305, and was a very good defensive linemen in HS. Seems that we need more size to plug up some holes. MUTS ran pretty well against our D. Much more than I like to see. Are there any other adjustments, addition of personnel, or changes we can make to improve the defense? We beat the MUTS, but we really need to improve quickly.

Edited by DeepGreen

Not at the game but listened intently.  I'm wondering what type of defensive adjustments we could make to improve our defensive play. Someone mentioned moving Adam Venegas to the defensive line.  He's big, 6-3, 305, and was a very good defensive linemen in HS.  Seems that we need more size to plug up some holes. MUTS ran pretty well against our D.  Much more than I like to see.  Are there any other adjustments, addition of personnel, or changes we can make to improve the defense?  We beat the MUTS, but we really need to improve quickly.

The suggestion on Venegas came from this Monday morning quarterback about 2 weeks ago in a thread. My gut feeling on him, DG, is that Dickey wants to keep him for offensive line depth.

Harry or Cerebus or Illuvius, what is the progress of Issac Thomas. Do any of you know of his situation with a near heat stroke during 2-a-days or is this something we don't need to discuss on this forum?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It will take time for Issac but I do think he will figure in soon. I think we need to give credit to Chris Miller, Montey Stevenson, Sky Pruitt and Joe Miller as they played pretty well as the game went on. Our linebackers are pretty good and they will help give our front four time to grow up.

It will take time for Issac but I do think he will figure in soon.  I think we need to give credit to Chris Miller, Montey Stevenson, Sky Pruitt and Joe Miller as they played pretty well as the game went on.  Our linebackers are pretty good and they will help give our front four time to grow up.

Agree, Harry...I've been watching the replay of this game over and over at different intervals of the game and I was really impressed with Montey Stevenson's mobility and quickness.

Why is all this rehab taking so much time with Issac Thomas, Harry? I guess he just had a very bad bout with the Texas heat; maybe just like you and I discussed weeks ago, maybe another reason NORTH TEXAS may need an Indoor Practice Facility even before we turn dirt for our new football stadium?

Concerning Chad Rose, lest we forget, he is yet another one of our freshman who started last night.

Also impressed with just how quickly Truman Spencer was getting off his punts last night. Anyone know what his average was?