Power in Baton Rouge could be out for a week

Harry

...according to channel 8 the power could be out in Baton Rouge for a week. They did not comment specifically on the game, however, if they don't have power how could they have a game at night. Perhaps they could move it to daytime?

No way they would have a game without power.... Problems with concession stands.. lights in Bathrooms etc. It is a dead issue unless they decided to move to Dallas.. Tx Stadium would be available and likely would likely attract a decent crowd.. if they can get out or think they have proacticed enough to make the game. If not... no game, I doubt they would make it up in December.

No way they would have a game without power.... Problems with concession stands.. lights in Bathrooms etc.  It is a dead issue unless they decided to move to Dallas.. Tx Stadium would be available and likely would likely attract a decent crowd.. if they can get out or think they have proacticed enough to make the game.  If not... no game, I doubt they would make it up in December.

LSU would just move the game to Shreveport...too many Tiger fans in that state to even think about moving it to Texas.

If the game is postponed......the possible roadblock to playing it in December is the SEC Championship Game (which of course, LSU may or may not be in).

Any LSU fans know what weekend the SEC Championship Game is? It's got to be either the 3rd or the 10th of December.

LSu powerlines are all underground and LSU hardly ever looses power. As of yesterday afternoon, my brother called and said some of the power in BR was back on. And from a couple of other guys on the Tigerforums board they have power also.

Power isnt gonna be the issues, its gonna be the question of is it in good taste to have the game when they cant figure out why the lake is still flooding the city, even today.

KATT...when you refer to the city that is flooding, is it Baton Rougue or NO?

Also I have to figure that a ton of LSU's players are from areas that are really in a bad way, and likely want to go home to help out with the family.

Man that has to be tough...

Does anyone know if So Miss got hit hard?

What is Tulane going to do?

Adios.

LSu powerlines are all underground and LSU hardly ever looses power. As of yesterday afternoon, my brother called and said some of the power in BR was back on. And from a couple of other guys on the Tigerforums board they have power also.

Power isnt gonna be the issues, its gonna be the question of is it in good taste to have the game when they cant figure out why the lake is still flooding the city, even today.

Just cause LSU's power lines are underground doesn't mean there's power getting to said lines.

Per an article I read in the paper this morning and a similar article SUMG posted on the "happy" board, the lights were on at the stadium last night and the jumbotron scoreboard was flashing the time and temperature.

It looks like Baton Rouge survived relatively well in relation to other areas. I do wonder about all the players from the New Orleans area on their roster though. Their concerns must be with their families and not on the game. I pray that their families are safe and uninjured from this storm.

I also read that the Tulane team relocated to Jackson, MS. and that Southen Miss in Hattiesburg got hammered pretty bad.