FWST - Where is NT?

NTEdgex2

Unless I totally missed it, there is no mention of NT in the Star-Telegrams big football preview, not even our schedule is listed with those of all the other teams! I always knew they were biased, but this is ridiculous!

GMG!

I just got through sending an email to the managing Editor of the paper and the editor of the sports department on this item. Didn't keep their addresses but they are in the paper.

If anyone does write them, please be civil and ask for the reasoning NT and the Sunbelt conference was left out and the WAC and MAC was included when neither conference has a Texas Team and the Sunbelt does.

Just found out the email addresses printed in the newspaper don't work, my messages were returned. Have to use snail mail or call them. Sports phone # 817-390-7760

Edited by OldTimer

Here is my email and FWST's response. In fairness, they seem to cover NT better than the DMN, the reason I switched...that, and the poker column!

I just subscribed on Wednesday,

anticipating the big football issue.

Why no mention of North Texas? I guess you set this up around rivalries,

a category in which we woefully underperform, but it is the football

issue. I expect to see team previews.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Scott Campbell

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 2:36 PM

To: Williams, Celeste

Subject: FW: From a reader (source:DFW.com)

Celeste, fyi. No UNT?

Hi, Scott.

I hope you've been enjoying the centerpieces and cover stories we've

been doing weekly on North Texas. Our TCU section was cut back this

year, and that's where UNT always falls. Because they don't have a true

rival, we decided to put them in main Sports. Look for many more stories

to come. and we'll be traveling to UNT's first game of the season at

LSU.

Thanks for reading.

Celeste

Maybe the StartleGram' ers (which I purchase read daily, also) thought those 6,000,0000 homes editions of USA Today with a very nice MEAN GREEN photo with our 2 star RB's all over the top of its front page last week was all the coverage we needed for awhile in Little D? rolleyes.gif

The Fort Worth Star Telegram seems to have multiple personality disorders when it comes to consistent Mean Green coverage. Just when you're ready to give up on the ol' Cowtown rag, they'll come up with some very nice pieces about NT and the Mean Green. I think consistent coverage is what most of us prefer.