Hats with New Logo

untgirl04

Lids is selling North Texas hats with the new logo. Check them out at the links below:

New NT Hat

NT Hat with Name

I like the first one best.

The two hats are available online for less than $20 for memebers, and just a bit over $20 for everyone else.

Jason and I will be checking out the Lids in Vista Ridge Mall tomorrow to find out if they're selling them in the store yet. I'll post when we find out. However, if it's not in the store, they can still order the hats for you.

Edited by untgirl04

I really like the new logo...we really need THAT on our scoreboard. Jury is still out on the new shade of green, but it's growing on me. The first hat looks good. I wonder how long before the school book store has something like that? (we were just up there and they dont have a hat like those yet)

You can still get your pink UNT hat though...

GMG!!! dry.gif

Lids is selling North Texas hats with the new logo. Check them out at the links below:

New NT Hat

NT Hat with Name

I like the first one best.

The two hats are available online for less than $20 for memebers, and just a bit over $20 for everyone else.

Jason and I will be checking out the Lids in Vista Ridge Mall tomorrow to find out if they're selling them in the store yet. I'll post when we find out. However, if it's not in the store, they can still order the hats for you.

This is a good start, LIDS has gotten with our program and they will get some of my dollars because of it.

The last major NT branding (Helwig era--mid 90's)) seems it took years for retailers to switch to the new brandings and then years for them to order the new MG gear back in the day; but (again) because LIDS has the new logo AND the new NT color on this cap I will buy a few and pass them out. Look for even better designed hats as the days and months go by.

My wife just went to the Lids in the Galleria and they didn't have it yet.  Hope they get it soon.

Maybe it was a Hat World and she was just confused.

Hat World and Lids are owned by the same company, Zephyr. However, LIDS is a bit more likely to carry NT gear. They have hats for lots of really obscure colleges, as well as some of the big names. The one in Vista Ridge Mall has a pretty good selection of older hats, but we're waiting for the new design before we get replacement hats.

You can go into any LIDS (and probably any Hat World) and ask them to order the hat for you. I'm not sure if it costs extra, but the friendly folks there will be happy to tell you.

The front of the first one looks nice. I can't stand the UNT on the back. At least the new logo is being used by a major supplier of merchandise.

The new shade of green looks vibrant and alive and it will especially if 10,000 of us on the Press Box side of venerable Fouts Field are wearing that color when ESPN comes to Denton this Fall.

All my MG gear is in dark green because I just liked the darker color until I saw the Univ. of Memphis fans dressed in their very vibrant blue vs the Mean Green's (too darkly) green on a national TV game televised from the Big Easy 2 years ago; but I am going to change with the times and find the lighter shade of (kelly) green gear even if I have to improvise a logo or 2 on it myself until Metroplex stores start filling our new MG gear needs.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Is there any that will be adjustable?  I've never had a fitted hat and I don't know if I want one now, unless I have no other choice.

It's stretch fit, and they've only got small/medium right now. I personally find that the top of the world stretch-fits don't work on my big ass head, but your mileage may vary.

Edited by Gakusei

Is it just me, or is the kelly green on that new hat even a shade or two lighter than the kelly green we had back in the late '80's?  That particular shade is a bit "too throwback" for my tastes, and I wore the stuff every day for four years back then without complaint!!

Agreed, the Eagle has grown on me a little but the light green just looks way too "soft"... we are supposed to be the MEAN Green, not the light green.

Yuk!, they could do much better than that(Does that come with tassels?) Also, I'm thinking they goofed on the color, at least I hope so. Notice the color listed for the hat: Forest Green?

At least we can be thankful Zephyr has agreed to continue to do business with NT considering how much we have screwed them over the years. I wonder what they will do with all of this dust collecting material?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Not that is a nice looking cap. What I like about LID's version of our new eagle logo is that it is not too sleek and skinny-looking. It has the compact look and I think that looks great. NT Branding Committee, are you seeing what I am feeling here. ohmy.gif

Someone? What is the difference between forest and kelly green? Seems the LID's cap (which they call forest green) is more of what I always thought kelly green looked like. I think any green between kelly and what LIDS calls forest green will look fine for the TV cameras. I don't see that we will all match this Fall anyway.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Finally...someone agrees with me about the "new" green. The hunter is much more attractive. I personally do not buy the argument that our dark hunter green did not look well on television. TCU purple looks positively blue on my TV, but you do not see them changing the shade. Further...no one asked the student body, the faculty, or the alumni if the color should change.

Finally...someone agrees with me about the "new" green. The hunter is much more attractive. I personally do not buy the argument that our dark hunter green did not look well on television. TCU purple looks positively blue on my TV, but you do not see them changing the shade. Further...no one asked the student body, the faculty, or the alumni if the color should change.

Ibleedgreen, the reason TCU's purple looks blue on TV is because it is a shade of blue. The Horned Frogs seemed to have abandoned the real purple a few years ago, although you will see it from time to time; just like TV viewers will see a variety of shades of Mean "Green" this Fall. rolleyes.gif

Like I said before (or something similar), if we put 30,500 fans in Fouts Field each home game this Fall our fans can wear pink with purple polka dots and it won't matter to this NT grad from the 1970's.