Sam Club in Lewisville

Guest JohnDenver

Guest JohnDenver

I spoke to a recieving clerk at the Sam Club yesterday. She said there are 1000 Mean Green wind breakers and 1000 Polo shirts sitting in their bay waiting to be put out...

She said the wind breakers are selling for $21.

Or did they order enough ? Remember PMG keeps reminding us of the number of UNT grads in the Metroplex cool.gif (Tongue-in-cheek)

Nothing like optimism. Late in the year the price may drop. They can always ship some to Monahans later...they are Lobos but they also use the "Mean Green" term. ( If the items don't have North Texas on them also )

Option two: Sell them on the Parking lot of NT at a reduced price later in the season.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Yeah...won't that be a shame when there are still 800 still there a year from now... sad.gif

We grip when stores don't carry North Texas gear, and we gripe or mock them or the university when they do have it. Some of you people in the Metroplex need to go buy up that merchandise so that Sams will continue to carry it every year. mad.gif

NCMeanGreen, I assume you live in North Carolina and do not have access to this merchandise, your post just hit a nerve. Don't take it personal.

Wonder if the windbreakers are available on-line through Sams? I'd buy one, and I'm not a big Sam's fan.

Edited by DeepGreen

Or did they order enough ? Remember PMG keeps reminding us of the number of UNT grads in the Metroplex cool.gif (Tongue-in-cheek)

10 yard penalty! Piling on! laugh.gif

Seriously, I don't think NT knows how many DFW alums we have, but one can kind of multiply the estimated number of annual graduates over a 30-40 span, figure most of them stay in DFW and probably come up with a close estimate?

1,000? Which Sams are we talking about here? The one in Denton I presume?

ADDENDUM: Whoops! Just read the thread title, eh? rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest JohnDenver

Seriously ... be happy they have them.

I bet they can blow through 1000 easily.

People like my mother walk through Sams and see it for $21 ... and thinks.. "I bet Mr. John Denver would love this.. I will buy one for my my boyfriend and his daughter too. We go to one game a year."

Tons of students live in Lewisville and shop at the Sams and Walmart. That is way cheaper than the bookstore...

Is it the new logo?

I'd be willing to bet that the UNT merchandise at Sams will be the old logo stuff. That's how Sams operates. Find "one time only" deals on closeouts and blow the products out of the door at cheap prices. Once they're out you may never see that product again. ph34r.gif

Edited by DeepGreen