CFN Top 25 Running Backs

MeanGreen61

I saw Jamario a lot last year and he is a fantastic running back. I've been paying attention to UNT football for about 7 years and he is by far the most talented back I've seen at UNT.

However, we are talking about the Top 5 running backs in the nation. That is really elite company. We've seen Jamario play one season and as great as that season was, to say he is one of the Top 5 backs in all of college football is pretty tough to do.

As for the argument that most of the media hasn't seen Jamario play a game, ask yourself if you have seen much action from the other 20-25 guys on the list. It could be that you would be just as impressed with #13, #15, and #21 if you watched them play every down in a given season.

It's a stupid list and it doesn't really matter...but the Top 5 running backs in college football is extremely elite company. I say all UNT fans should just be pleased that two UNT backs are in the Top 25!

I think North Texas is getting loads of respect from the media since they think 2 of the Top 25 running backs are in Denton. How much more respect do you want??

I still don't understand how rushing for 805 yds last season gets Henderson in a pre-season top 15 RB ranking...even if it was for the pass-happy Red Raiders.

If you go soley off rushing yards, what point would there be to this list? Just list the top 25 returning rushers.

He has rushed for 2,369 yards in 3 years, which is solid for a back in any system. When you factor in the 1,530 recieving yards, that is a very productive back averaging 975 yards a season, coming off a 1,126 total yards junior year, in which he had over 300 less recieving yards than the previous two. He is a big play machine, averaging 5.78 yards per touch. If Harrell or Hodges can be decent, Henderson has proven he can put up big numbers, and if you have seen him play, you know he has the potential to perhaps even exceed those. I would put him up around the 7-10 range myself. If you look at production and potential, there are a few guys on there that don't belong in front of him or Jamario, IMHO.