First Reports

H-towngreen

Game is crazy, beat LSU, destroyed MUTS, then my pass defense makes the Tulsa QB look like a heisman candidate, throwing for 363 yds, losing 31-17

Also has anyone else noticed that neither Cobbs nor Thomas have much breakaway speed in the open field. I have had both break into the open field only to be run down from behind and that is with mashing of Sprint button.

Edited by untbowler

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, just so you know, if you tinker with the playbooks, be sure to put in wishbone, 2 back shotgun, and pro set offenses. In the shotgun and pro set ones, sub in Cobbs for the fullback. You won't be disappointed. I had a drive where every other play either Jamario or Patrick was in the zone. LA Tech never saw what hit em.

One shot of wishbone with PC and JT, and you'll never go back.

This one is wild.. much tougher than 05... only played the opener against LSU, which I lost 35-17. Cobbs ran for 175 and Thomas for 119, but Byerly threw for 60, and combine that with 2 Thomas fumbles, 1 Quinn fumble, and 2 Byerly INTs, and it was curtains.

Plus, I could NOT stop the Tigers' RB. He went for about 200. Pass defense was better, as I managed 3 sacks and a pick (gave up about 120 yds), but they DID hit a 60 yd TD on the last play of the 1st half - THAT was very annoying.

I know it's only one game - but some observations -- the previous poster was right about JT - where's the speed? He was able to get to the corners a few times, but there was no breakaway speed in the open field. He got flagged from behind more than a couple of times. PC, on the other hand, popped off an 80-yarder in the 3rd and seemed to have a little more burst. Go figure.

I lost 21-17, but I did change the venue. rolleyes.gif After I get a better feel for the game, I'll more then likely restart my dynasty. I'm also thinking of trying some different formations then the default that's used for NT.

Well, it's funny, because after the LSU loss, the game felt a lot more like '05 -- I beat MTSU 70-28. It was 42-0 at half, and then we traded scores in the 2nd... Thomas goes for 169, Cobbs for 202. Byerly threw for 315. Insane offensive game, I wasn't stopped. In the 2nd half, I couldn't stop them either, but the 1st half was such a mudhole-stomp, it didn't matter much... quite a saga developing.. wink.gif

Guest e-bone

You should probably move up to All American if it is too easy. All American has been pretty challenging for me so far, but I've only played a couple of games on it. One was in season 2 of my dynasty with my first game at Texas. I was tied 7-7 with a couple of minutes left in the half and UT made a FG to go up by 3. I then had a nice drive but was intercepted in the endzone and it was returned for a TD. It's amazing how after a setback like that how my team fell apart, which resulted in me getting killed like 34-7.

I like how passing is still a challenge but it isn't because WRs can't catch. Instead you have to make smarter decisions as a QB or the D will tear you up.

As for Jamario not having breakaway speed, I don't agree. I've had quite a few big runs with him and he only gets caught from behind if UT's or LSU's super fast DBs have a good angle. Also, JT's speed is 93 and ACC is 94, I believe, compared to PC's 90/93.

I have had several breakaway runs with J-Mo.

He left after his junior year though sad.gif

Has anyone changed conferences yet? I am in my third season of my dynasty, killing the sunbelt, holding my own in OOC, but no conference invites. It is still alittle early.

I'm playing on Heisman, year 1 of my dynasty.

I just beat ULL 45-35 to better my record to 8-3. Had to come from behind, ULL was up the whole game.blink.gif

Only losses to TCU 31-24(added game tongue.gif ), LSU 63-10, & Troy 31-21

The running game is a helluva lot easier on this years game. Also, the deep ball seems like money 75% of the time. Cobbs leads the league in rushing at 1654yds & 23 TD's with 1 game left to play. Byerly was out for 5 weeks with a torn shoulder muscle. Ieans leads the team in receiving with 896yds. Chapman has 15 sacks, Hutchinson has 13. I redshirted J-Mo at the beginning of the year.

smile.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

I will tell you what, Meager had been great his first two years as starter until Quinn and J-Mo left, now life is a whole hell of a lot tougher.

I now have two true fresh recs and a true fresh RB, life is tough.

My defense is great though. It carries my team, reminds me of 2002! biggrin.gif

I read on the gamefaqs.com board (great for information on practically any videogame made) that if you pick teams from one conference and consistently beat them, you're more likely to get grabbed by that conference. For instance, if you play against MAC teams (don't know why you'd want to get in the MAC) and beat those teams for around 3 years straight, you'll probably get the invite.

I read on the gamefaqs.com board (great for information on practically any videogame made) that if you pick teams from one conference and consistently beat them, you're more likely to get grabbed by that conference. For instance, if you play against MAC teams (don't know why you'd want to get in the MAC) and beat those teams for around 3 years straight, you'll probably get the invite.

Time to load up on CUSA then ... after growing the program, on to either the Big 12 or ACC.

Yeah, I'm on All-American... going to stay here a couple seasons before entertaining Heisman... bounced back from the loss at LSU with the blowout of MTSU, beat Tulsa 48-30, beat Troy 41-31, and somehow walloped K-State 50-0. Go figure.

Cobbs is still all-world. J-Mo is strong, averaging probably just at 100/pg, but Cobbs is insane right now. Other than K-St., he's led me in rushing each game.

How many of your "targets" do you usually ink after recruiting through the season?

Another thing I've noticed is how much for open punt returns are than on '05. JQuinn has taken back 4 already this season, including 2 vs. Tulsa.

I still haven't figured out whether it's tougher or easier than last year, as I'm still finding my bearings.

One thing I don't get is that they finally do significant changes to the game, but most of them are fairly pointless and stupid.

RFTH is the dumbest edition ever... I just don't see the point. Is there anyone here who hasn't BASICALLY played Race For The Heisman every time they've gotten a good recruit?

I also don't care much for the rearrangement of the recruiting back to the old "Head Coach/Assistant Coach/Phone Call" system. It was better, IMO for you to just assign the number of points you wanted to give a recruit.

So far the only GOOD additions I've seen are making it easier to complete passes in the flat (gimmes in previous year, but nerfed to uselessness last year) and the little bar that keeps track of what you attempted to sell the recruit on.

I am not too big on the "race for the heisman", I just play the dynasty mode, and have my own race for the heisman.

I am having a hard time catching the ball with my two freshman recievers, Quinn and everyone else has graduated or left early.

QUINN WON THE HEISMAN IN BACK TO BACK SEASONS, just edging out J-Mo both times.

I bumped GSU and APP state in the Sun belt in place of the Lousiana teams and I got THRASHED by North Texas 24-56 while I was actually controlling the team, and when APP state lost both quarter backs playing GSU in a conference game they went to NT and got murderd as well. I think it was a pretty real season as I lost to UNT and MTSU but managed to tie UNT for the SunBelt champs but lost by default because I lost to NT heads up. I would be happy with GSU entering the sunbelt and going 7-3 like I did in my lil season. ahhh dreams rolleyes.gif

Damn... Isaac Thomas in the middle = awesomeness. I created him my first year as a big (but raw and inexperienced awareness wise) DT and he rode the bench the first year. Two years and two HUGE improvement off-seasons later, he's an impact DT that totally clogs the middle. Five games and exactly -5 yards in running up the middle.

Also, Special K is a beast. I gave him a broad range of skills and he eventually settled in at free safety. Kartey Agbottah got caught cheating on an exam the first week of the season and was suspended for three games. Washington steps in and returns two punts and returns a pick to paydirt in ONE GAME. Needless to say, Special K got a chance, and took advantage. Big time.