New helmets?

Eagle-96

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The eagle, as it looks in ipEAGLE's sig line, looks pretty decent. It looked horrible on the hat. I think the stiching makes it look pretty bad. It will pretty good on screen printed shirts etc...

Edited by Eagle-96

rick told me that the helmet color would probably stay the same. The script would be gone and would be replaced with one of the new wordmarks.

He didn't seem giddy, but somewhat resigned to accept what was given us.

I told him we were glad he was here.

GO MEAN GREEN

The nickname "Mean Green" is unique, but going from now to eternity with no recognizeable logo isn't. Writing "North Texas" or "Mean Green" on the helmet, field, court, etc is so bland and uninteresting...I don't see why anyone would be in favor of that. Anyone with even the most basic understanding of marketing knows that people will identify with a graphic much faster than they identify with text.

Edited by Gakusei

Gak is right. As big a fan of the script as I have been, the new eagle head would be better in my book. It's really growing on me.

Excuse me, I have to run to make a pistol duel scheduled with Cerebus over this issue...

I don't see why anyone would be in favor of that.

My name is Lorenzo, and I love the Script.

Anyone with even the most basic understanding of marketing knows that people will identify with a picture much faster than they identify with text.

Exactly, which is why no one knows who these teams are:

Southern_Mississippi.gif

Boise_St.gif

California.gif

Idaho.gif

Illinois.gif

Louisiana-Lafayette.gif

Mississippi.gif

Ohio_OLD11.gif

UCLA_OLD.gif

I am gonna side with Cerebus on this one. OU and TT are my two examples - graphic representations of text. However......................I haven't seen us come up with one of these great 2 letter marks so I suppose just North Texas in Times New Roman will have to do.

I am gonna side with Cerebus on this one.  OU and TT are my two examples - graphic representations of text.  However......................I haven't seen us come up with one of these great 2 letter marks so I suppose just North Texas in Times New Roman will have to do.

Tsk Tsk now. It's Michaelangelo biggrin.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

i have to agree with (gak) on this one too. I have never cared for the North Texas script on the helments. I think we need a logo instead script. We got away with it (logos) for years and it appears that the flying worm is a classic logo. I would like to see the eagle logo on the helments. It just looks more like a football helment.

Whatever we do I would like to see us go with a logo and make it permenant instead of changing it every five or six years. I think this is a big reason why people don't recognize us when they see us on tv. Because, we have continuously changed our logos and have not stuck with a steady logo.

I can't believe I'm going to this much effort to prove my point, but here goes...

How many of these can you instantly recognize? And more importantly, what do you think of when you see them? Having a graphic is more than just trying to be recognizeable, it also gives an identity to a school, a company, or whatever. When I see a yellow price tag, I think of Best Buy and then electronics. When I see a helmet with yellow lines running from front to back, I think Michigan, and I think Big Ten football and even Ohio State. When I see a kid fishing from a moon, I think movies, and then I'm about to see something good.

Believe me, companies invest millions of dollars into branding. They want you to feel an emotional connection with their company and their product, and logos are the primary focus in developing that. As far as your example, the only well known school that you listed that spells their name out is Illinois. The rest are using abbreviations, or aren't as popular as you seem to think they are (seriously...louisiana-lafayette, Idaho and ohio?? laugh.gif ).

Edited by Gakusei