K-State is losing to Iowa

2 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Pretty sure he's ineligible for a Roth if the IRS is seeing him bring in $250k in a year.  And maybe I need a new money guy, but isn't the regular IRA max this year still $6500?

I get the sentiment of what you're saying... but you aren't hiding $250k pretax into a Roth IRA in a single year.

Hopefully he's well diversified in Bonds, Treasuries, Equities, his IRA, etc etc. 😅 Basically I hope he didn't go out and buy a Hellcat with that money (if he got it).

Funny, as a finance major grad I was wanting to make this same comment lol. Anyhow, the sentiment is the same, put a sizeable amount into a traditional IRA that invests in a market tracking ETF and you'd be looking good by retirement age.

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

You morons don't understand, we may not have gotten into the NIT this season had it not been for Mr. P's help winning it for us last year.  The kid had to take care of his family and I am sure had he been able to match it here he would have stayed.  In terms of did he get all the money promised to him, I am sure he will share the truth on that as did Drez and JR etc.

Why don't you guys focus on the positives?  We just beat LSU in the NIT tourney on the road for goodness sakes.

Edited by Dannymacfan
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

You morons don't understand, we may not have gotten into the NIT this season had it not been for Mr. P's help winning it for us last year.  The kid had to take care of his family and I am sure had he been able to match it here he would have stayed.  In terms of did he get all the money promised to him, I am sure he will share the truth on that as did Drez and JR etc.

Why don't you guys focus on the positives?  We just beat LSU in the NIT tourney on the road for goodness sakes.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Pretty sure he's ineligible for a Roth if the IRS is seeing him bring in $250k in a year.  And maybe I need a new money guy, but isn't the regular IRA max this year still $6500?

I get the sentiment of what you're saying... but you aren't hiding $250k pretax into a Roth IRA in a single year.

Hopefully he's well diversified in Bonds, Treasuries, Equities, his IRA, etc etc. 😅 Basically I hope he didn't go out and buy a Hellcat with that money (if he got it).

Good point. The new rule for a single is Max $161K to put into a Roth. Max is $8K now

12 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

As for schools not honoring their full NIL commitment, that's happening. 

This is definitely a fun new wrinkle with the nil.  You can’t say schools not honoring their commitment because, technically, it’s not the schools that make the nil deals, yet. 

it would probably actually be better regulated if all nil deals had to be done through the schools.