***Official UNT vs. SMU In-Game Discussion (THE FINALE)***

Coach Andy Mac

At the end of the day, I still believe Eric Morris is a significant upgrade over SL. You will never convince me that an SL team would have performed better than this year’s team. Eric is going to have to make some tough decisions moving forward, whether that’s a new coaches on the defensive side of the ball or significant upgrades in personnel on that side of the ball. I think he’s good coach and I am still convinced he can figure this stuff out. After watching this team the last few years, it’s also not surprising that the offense is a lot further along than the defense.

As a side note, I don’t really get the fascination with Kinne at Texas State. They’ve beat the bottom of the belt and lost to the top of the belt this year. He may end up being a great coach for them, but I’m not convinced yet.

As a second side note, the other coach everyone here is so fascinated with at Colorado is now in a situation where he needs to win the last 2 games of the year to become bowl eligible. He may end up being a great coach for them, but I’m not convinced yet.

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4

Not saying we're anywhere near the Florida State level, but yesterday during the game they were talking about how after the first season many of the fans at Florida State wanted to get rid of Mike Norvel because he was the wrong choice and was not going to be able to get the job done. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2023 at 7:53 AM, TIgreen01 said:

I don’t see why anyone would want to give them a whole second season to prove they can adjust and fix it when they’ve already proven that they WON’T adjust right now.

Better programs recognize mistakes and correct them.

The follow up question is, do we have examples of coaches fixing things during the offseason? Things that were awful under their efforts/guidance in year 1, that got better under their watch/guidance in year 2?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

As a side note, I don’t really get the fascination with Kinne at Texas State. They’ve beat the bottom of the belt and lost to the top of the belt this year. He may end up being a great coach for them, but I’m not convinced yet.

As a second side note, the other coach everyone here is so fascinated with at Colorado is now in a situation where he needs to win the last 2 games of the year to become bowl eligible. He may end up being a great coach for them, but I’m not convinced yet.

I was thinking the same thing.  Kinne’s big wins are against 3-7 Baylor and 6-4 Georgia Southern.  

Prime has beaten one team with a winning record, 5-5 Nebraska.  I’ve never seen a hype train derail so quickly.  

22 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

After watching this team the last few years, it’s also not surprising that the offense is a lot further along than the defense.

I am 100% with you on this.  Because 7 years in we could objectively point out what Seth did  well here.  Only after losing a lot did he pivot the team to being run oriented and attempted to fix the defense.  An offensive coach, running an air raid variant, who can't develope QB's to be efficient is worthless.  I don't know if Morris is the right hire.  But any argument that Seth should still be here and would be doing better is pure fantasy.