A Big Thank You To Scotty Campbell And Tony Berone

FirefightnRick

11 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

You know we may not be winning on the field right now but we damn sure win on game day, tailgating wise.  

I was thinking about it yesterday as I enjoyed some of the best food and drink with the best group of people you will ever encounter at Tony and Vic’s, and Scotty’s tailgates, and the day had me reflecting on how unbelievably fortunate we were to have the vast Mean Green Athletic estate to enjoy one of the most beautiful days of the year.  Easily accessible lots, vast, wide open spaces and beautiful green belts in every direction that gives us access to tailgate under massive oak and pecan trees.  It’s just beautiful to me.

Many of you and myself have traveled the country attending these events over the years.  In fact I was in Minneapolis the weekend the Gophers played Michigan back on the first weekend of October this season.  As I drove around the tailgates at The Bank I actually felt sorry for their fans because it looked horrible and reminded me of what it would be like setting up a picnic in a WalMart parking lot in the center of a city landscape.  What we are privileged with is truly a football game day Nirvana imo.

Thank you again to Scott, Tony and Vic and everyone who invited SilverEagle and I to your tailgates. Y’all absolutely knocked it out of the park.   Can’t wait to do it again.

Rick

You didn't give a thanks to Tony's balls 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Thank you, Rick. Very nice of you to say! 

We appreciate everyone who stops by and enjoys the tailgate. We like to share. 

Tailgating has kept me coming through the bad, rough years. We have been tailgating now for 22 years. Seems crazy. 

Victor, Amanda, Lauren, Mike, Bill, and John, who spend hours prepping food earlier in the week and maintaining equipment for the setup and spread, really do a great job. I enjoy all the regulars who help us set up, teardown, and add to the gathering. Good discussions with everyone; I have my Mean Green Family. 

For those who have not been, we welcome you, I have my Sausage Stuffing balls for almost every game. 

See everyone next year, I am usually out of town the weekend after Thanksgiving. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1