Gameday Experience

GMG93

There were some good changes implemented at the stadium.  The water stations were a great idea (yes they ran out of water but that should be an easy fix going forward).  Dedicated quick line for drink/snack purchases worked well with 0 wait time.  Adult beverage section located with a view of the field.  Didn’t see any wait to enter the stadium and was greeted both entering and leaving.   

Any other improvements made?

• Upvote 5

We drove up from the Houston area for yesterday, I was a little disappointed in the march, Morris didn't really interact with the crowd. Even though the caterer let down the Alumni at the pavilion, my wife and I had a good time before the game visiting with staff and others while we were there.  Walking in before the start of the game, we ran into Joe again.  Saw him here in Houston a few years back, said he hoped to see me at a game, well he did.  I was at UNT when his son Major played for the Mean Green.

The water stations were a great idea.  We used those multiple times throughout the game.  I remember being at the UH/Texas Tech game here in HTown a few years ago and people were getting heat stroke and passing out it was so hot, and UH had not planned for anything.  

It was hot, even though we were in section 209 row 13 and the sun was not directly on us after 3:30.  

Seems to me the home side of the field was packed and thinned out after halftime.  Glad they got the basketball team their recognition and Tyler Perry was able to come back for it.  

Disappointed in the product on the field though.  Didn't leave me much of a reason to drive up from Houston any more unless things change. So be on the lookout of me offering my 2 seats plus blue lot parking from time to time, and it has chairbacks already installed.  

Mean Joe.jpg

Edited by BBA1989
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/3/2023 at 12:22 PM, GMG93 said:

There were some good changes implemented at the stadium.  The water stations were a great idea (yes they ran out of water but that should be an easy fix going forward).  Dedicated quick line for drink/snack purchases worked well with 0 wait time.  Adult beverage section located with a view of the field.  Didn’t see any wait to enter the stadium and was greeted both entering and leaving.   

Any other improvements made?

Water stations were a great idea, though we didn’t utilize them (saw people at the station each time I walked by it). Bummer they ran out of water, so hopefully that will be fixed moving forward. 
I liked the dedicated line for drink/snacks and the variety to choose from - I was able to be boujee and buy a SmartWater - and it was actually cold (unlike many of the Dasanis I have purchased years prior at the stadium). 
Adult beverage lines for me were nonexistent or maybe 1 person in front of me each time. It was great! Topo seltzers were a great choice to add this year instead of the Vizzy. I enjoyed having a few other non-beer options to choose from as well. 
We arrived 30 minutes before game time and there were definitely lines to get into the stadium from the blue lot gate entrance. We went to the far right line and got right in (not sure why more people didn’t use that line instead of waiting 20+ people back in all the other lines). Blue lot parking was also a breeze - barely a line to get into the lot. We got right in. 
Are game day programs no longer printed? We grabbed the Fan Guides thinking they were programs, but nope. They did have BOGO free Whataburger taquito coupons in them, so we kept those. 🤪 It would be nice to reference player names/jersey # changes, at least at the beginning of the season, but maybe they are located at a different entrance. 
Store: We liked the battle flag hats that appeared to be new (in white, grey, and black). We also both bought ourselves some of the new American “A” gear they had at the entrance of the stadium store. They seemed to have a fairly good collection of gear in store this year. I couldn’t even look at the hoodies and long-sleeve options without sweating more, but they probably like to keep it out for those who plan ahead for the colder weather games. 😅
Not much to be done about this, but one of the only things I have *not* missed whatsoever since last season is how god awful hot the bathrooms are. 🫠🥵

Edited by Hall Eagle 2011
  • Upvote 2

1.  Entrance was a breeze.

2.  Water stations were great.  I used the one on the alumni side early in the second half and it was great.

3.  Concessions moved very quickly.  People staffing these areas had green shirts with "UNT Concessions" across the front.  No other college clothing or hats noticed.

4.  Need to play up Scrappy's pregame entrance.  Partner with someone like Cycle Center of Denton and have Scrappy drive out on a green four-wheeler.

5. After the Fight Song and Alma Mater, they should start the North - Texas chant as the team gathers to enter the field.  They could pipe in a entry song like  "Enter Sandman", "Thunderstruck", or what ever works.  As the entry to the song starts the chant fades out.  Just need some energy.

6.  Sat in my new seats up high in 209.  The weather was great all game long.  I was never terribly hot.

7.  Staff in the store were helpful and lines moved quickly.

8.  The new video boards looked great.

9.  Thankful the sound from the ref's mics finally worked without all the feedback.

10.  Either ramp up the fireworks during the National Anthem or don't do them, but the current ones are kind of sad.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

1.  Entrance was a breeze.

2.  Water stations were great.  I used the one on the alumni side early in the second half and it was great.

3.  Concessions moved very quickly.  People staffing these areas had green shirts with "UNT Concessions" across the front.  No other college clothing or hats noticed.

4.  Need to play up Scrappy's pregame entrance.  Partner with someone like Cycle Center of Denton and have Scrappy drive out on a green four-wheeler.

5. After the Fight Song and Alma Mater, they should start the North - Texas chant as the team gathers to enter the field.  They could pipe in a entry song like  "Enter Sandman", "Thunderstruck", or what ever works.  As the entry to the song starts the chant fades out.  Just need some energy.

6.  Sat in my new seats up high in 209.  The weather was great all game long.  I was never terribly hot.

7.  Staff in the store were helpful and lines moved quickly.

8.  The new video boards looked great.

9.  Thankful the sound from the ref's mics finally worked without all the feedback.

10.  Either ramp up the fireworks during the National Anthem or don't do them, but the current ones are kind of sad.

1. Same here and parking in Blue went well too.
2. Saw the stations, didn't use, but may in the future.  Great idea.
3. Agree that the unified look of the shirts was a nice touch.  Also, free refills are now back for drinks.
4. Didn't notice, but agree with your suggestion.
5. Agree.
6. Not too bad in lower 205 except for when the wind would stop.  Our section seems to be one of the least filled.  I may need to try a different deodorant.
7. Yeah, I walked through the store and it was crowded but seemed to be running smoothly.
8. Definitely glad to not have blank spots anymore (so embarrassing).  I liked the new A/V additions but some need to get the kinks worked out.  The crowd shots with the filters added seemed to be hit or miss but a good idea.  I suspect it was having some problems with face detection in some cases.
9. Agree, but EVEN MORE THANKFUL to not have to watch CUSA refs any more.
10. Yeah, I have no problem in ditching them completely.

• Upvote 1