Team Appreciation Party

CMJ

10 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Thor is not a craft beer guy so I feel like he should preface by saying that. 

if only i could get a crusher of milwaukees best light there...i'd be a regular

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • RV 1

I don't think that's the UNT albino squirrel.

Mayor Hudspeth let us know that that particular firehouse is known as "The Nut House."

I think that's their own personal logo for their firehouse.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SUMG said:

I don't think that's the UNT albino squirrel.

Mayor Hudspeth let us know that that particular firehouse is known as "The Nut House."

I think that's their own personal logo for their firehouse.

Thanks.  It didn't look like a squirrel to me, more like a mouse.  That truck is awesome.  Hopefully this signals a renewed relationship between the city and the university.

• Upvote 1

Folks, DFD Station #3 on McCormick Street near campus has been referred to as “THE NUT HOUSE” and has had a squirrel on their T shirts and logos since I was in high school 38 years ago,…..long before the University of Texas created the Albino Squirrel Society, and way before some of our uneducated leadership of the past chose to start copying them with their own ASS association.  

The squirrel in that sticker on the truck is white simply because the background of the sticker is white and it’s cheaper to have the fewest colors when ordering graphic logos.  

If you haven’t seen the truck yet you should go by and see it.  Coolest thing I’ve see since the Model A got restored.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

I'm not going to dwell on it, but the white squirrel was the only thing I disliked about the Mean Green firetruck.  But, the truck is so very cool, I can overlook that one item and enjoy the 99.9 per cent that rocks. 

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6

44 minutes ago, greenminer said:

The Albino Squirrel Society is going to see that thing, not care about the original intent, and claim it/run with it.

image.png.830ef1faa9196222b84e34aee0cf402b.pngLucky looking good.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 5/2/2023 at 11:24 PM, MCMLXXX said:

We can thank Mayor Hudspeth and Councilman Jesse Davis (a former Student Body President) in particular. 

Yes, special thanks to those two and I wouldn't be surprised if Hank Dickenson, former UNT Senior Assistant Athletic Director, wasn't in some way owed thanks as well.  He is a good connection between UNT and the City of Denton through his position as Membership Chairman of the Denton Chamber of Commerce.  I saw him in numerous pictures of the event.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1