Green Room with Ja'Mori Maclin

MGNation92

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Brune covers LSU the majority of the time now, but still covers UNT. He lives in Baton Rouge, I don't understand the hangup? He's still an Alum talking UNT football with UNT players

I have a problem with the LSU flag.  Sorry if you have a problem with that. 
The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Brune is a NT alum and they do a great job, what’s the fuss?

I appreciate the job he does, but with his Podcast being advertised as part of the DCTF family representing UNT, it would be nice if some obvious UNT items were showing, not the emphasis on LSU. With the filters available, this would not be difficult. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I appreciate the job he does, but with his Podcast being advertised as part of the DCTF family representing UNT, it would be nice if some obvious UNT items were showing, not the emphasis on LSU. With the filters available, this would not be difficult. 

There’s a kickass photo of Mac in the huddle in the championship game against Western and that large March Madness poster is from the Purdue/Nova games.

I don’t think that is a problem, especially when you’re covering both teams. It’s his room lol

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

There’s a kickass photo of Mac in the huddle in the championship game against Western and that large March Madness poster is from the Purdue/Nova games.

I don’t think that is a problem, especially when you’re covering both teams. It’s his room lol

Yes, but on the DCTF feeds, he is covering North Texas. Not saying take them down, but put up a filter.

• Upvote 2

I saw the UNT poster before I saw the LSU stuff.

Just take a step back.  I see is a guy that likes college sports.  Obvious ties to LSU and UNT.  I fee like some of y'all are "having a problem" with something here because you're seeking things to have problems with.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Just take a step back.  I see is a guy that likes college sports.  Obvious ties to LSU and UNT.  I fee like some of y'all are "having a problem" with something here because you're seeking things to have problems with.

Wrong again. I would imagine if you go to the DCTF ROF site, no other schools' POD cast has other schools predominantly featured in the background. But maybe you're in the "ole NT" should just be happy to be included.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Our eyes must work differently because the very first thing I noticed was that loud Purple and Gold/Yellow. I was wondering if it was a bad link before they started talking. I had to zoom in on my phone to make out the UNT basketball poster.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Wrong again. I would imagine if you go to the DCTF ROF site, no other schools' POD cast has other schools predominantly featured in the background. But maybe you're in the "ole NT" should just be happy to be included.

I’m with you. These days it is so easy to put up a background filter. I use one for every meeting I’m ever in. This isn’t Ed Werder reporting on Sportscenter about the NFL. The name of the podcast/channel is called the Green Room for crying out loud. This is supposed to be specific to us and not a general college football show. I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect see only UNT or nothing shown in the background. Maybe the show can be passed along to @El Paso Eagle or someone else who you wouldn’t confuse for a LSU homer.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m with you. These days it is so easy to put up a background filter. I use one for every meeting I’m ever in. This isn’t Ed Werder reporting on Sportscenter about the NFL. The name of the podcast/channel is called the Green Room for crying out loud. This is supposed to be specific to us and not a general college football show. I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect see only UNT or nothing shown in the background. Maybe the show can be passed along to @El Paso Eagle or someone else who you wouldn’t confuse for a LSU homer.

To be clear, these guys do a great job, and I appreciate their efforts and understand I could not do what they do. I just think it is time for activities associated with North Texas to be shining the lights on us.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

To be clear, these guys do a great job, and I appreciate their efforts and understand I could not do what they do. I just think it is time for activities associated with North Texas to be shining the lights on us.

Agreed.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Look you are being nice but can't the guy pull off an LSU flag if he is representing UNT for goodness sakes?  Is that asking too much?  The only reason he should have an LSU flag is if got his Masters there or something.

10 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Look you are being nice but can't the guy pull off an LSU flag if he is representing UNT for goodness sakes?  Is that asking too much?  The only reason he should have an LSU flag is if got his Masters there or something.

He covers LSU as his main job—no issues with that.

44 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

These are fan productions covering their favorite teams.  I suppose Brune does all his video recordings from this same desk - UNT, LSU, whatever.  This is nothing new.  There are scores of them out there on the internet for nearly every team you can imagine.

Sometimes, they get picked up/sponsored by various entities.  In this case, Green Room is now under the umbrella of Dave Campbell.  Looks like Campbell is allowing them to present themselves however they choose, as long as the content (not aesthetics) is UNT-focused.

Some of these fan productions go all out with aesthetics and uniforms.  Some of them are super casual.  They are not formal representatives of UNT and are under zero obligation to wear UNT apparel.

Brune works for 247.  I don't recall of the Green Room/Taking The Fields production was ever 247.

Edited by greenminer

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

Brune works for 247.  I don't recall of the Green Room/Taking The Fields production was ever 247.

I think he moved to On3, but I understand your point. It's just with becoming part of the DCTF umbrella potentially offers more visibility, and would be nice to remove references to other schools IMO.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I think he moved to On3, but I understand your point. It's just with becoming part of the DCTF umbrella potentially offers more visibility, and would be nice to remove references to other schools IMO.

I have a sincere concern that they will lose visibility.  Anyone looking for a specific school is going to be off-put by the fact that with this new DC feed, they will have to sort through all the other non-UNT stuff to get what they want.

Having said that, I have zero insight into actual numbers.  Maybe the DC subscriber count is astronomically larger and will still result in more views.

Another thing that might help:  Brune and Co can take a look around at what the other DC-sponsored shows are doing.  If they're dolling it up with their own school colors and references, and Brune sees it, he might feel a bit more pressure to do the same on his own.

• Thanks 1