GMG

No sir

13 hours ago, Marty said:

John Love?

Try again

1 hour ago, Dannymacfan said:

Bobby Way?

We have a winner.

One of the nicest men you could ever meet.  His wife taught second grade at our elementary school, and Bobby ended up teaching in the Kinesiology Department for years.  I was shocked when I learned he played OL and LB.  In his later years he was built more like a RB/DB.

https://meangreensports.com/honors/north-texas-athletics-hall-of-fame/bobby-way/172

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Wow, that's going way back in my memory.  If I remember correctly (not assured anymore) he and his brother Fred played side by side on the offensive line.  I believe that Fred was a center.  I didn't remember Bobby playing linebacker but I'm not surprised.  That was only a year or so removed from the time when you played both ways.  They were from Amarillo but I don't remember if it was Amarillo High or Tascosa.

• Upvote 1